Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!

TOPIC: Acetone in fuel

Acetone in fuel 15 Jan 2014 22:30 #13

• namtegdag Ky.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Christoph, I could only find the liquid aspirin on the internet, none to be found localy.

If you are useing the tablets, crush them, let them sit in the carrier for a good long while, and stirring it. After they look to be disolved , I pour the solution through 3 coffee filters , it will catch the most of the solids, and the filtered solution will look almost clear.

Note: I have used 3 times the amount per gallon as was indicated in the text. only useing enough alcohol to disolve the tablets...... and have seen some positive results. But i am still experimenting and will make a report later...............Greg P.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Acetone in fuel 16 Jan 2014 06:01 #14

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
:) :) :) getting aspirin ready for 2nd fill-up my 32 gallon tank calls for 16 -- 362 mg aspirin so to see how to best dissolve aspirin I put 8 in pint jar whole another pint jar 8 crushed then put in 1 oz alcohol 24 hours pasted still had particles applied another oz of alcohol 24 more hours still have particles applied another oz of alcohol and 1/2 oz of HEET 24 hours later still have particles. Will apply another oz of alcohol and 1 oz of HEET today. Still having particles could be because of saturation point not being overcame yet. Stirred after each application a bunch. Yes I am measuring oz with a medical measuring tool. Drug store told wife there is no liquid aspirin.
geraldc

Acetone in fuel 23 Jan 2014 20:11 #15

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
update have gained .38 mpg on 2 nd fillup with aspirin. Going to TSO store tomorrow looking for liquid aspirin -- what is the other 88% in liquid aspirin of 12% ??
Have 16 aspirin in alcohol and HEET now for maybe 7 days will put in truck next fillup and will be using filter because particles are still in jars
geraldc

Acetone in fuel 14 Feb 2014 20:37 #16

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Just a note, as I posted in the MPG Remedy and Mileage Increases threads, I did a measured 50 mile hiway fuel economy test (Orange Test) a couple nights ago and got fabulous results-over 50 MPG.

I had treated the tank that was 3/4 full at beginning of test w/ the aspirin/alcohol/hydrogen peroxide mix. I decided to add some Lucas fuel treatment when I refilled the tank at Fernley. I don't know- but- this tank got better driveability and mileage, than previous use of the Aspirin MPG Remedy, OR using Lucas alone in the past. IS this a magic combo, MPG Remedy and Lucas together... :huh: maybe so?? Lucas isnt that costly, it was about 13 bucks for a quart bottle, it recommends using 3 OZ per ten gallons, I have about 13 gal. tank, so I used 4 OZ total.

As a follow up, I refilled tank at Fernley at conclusion of Orange Test, when the MPg was measured. I have about 50 miles on this tank, about 36 of them in I-80 freeway driving back to Reno, rest in town. My gas gauge needle has barely budged from Full, and I have very good driveability now.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Acetone in fuel 03 Mar 2014 00:31 #17

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Been reading a few posts on this and tried myself.
Could not get the aspirin to dissolve in some 80 proof Vodka I found(my only alcohol besides rubbing which is not the right kind). So I got some acetone and it dissolved the aspirin. Added to tank and didn't get any improvement in HP or MPG. My Mazda has the groove and a new head gasket and no vacuum leak could be found and there is no HP or MPG increase.
Either this truck has a demon or is a female.
What is the formula for the H202, aspirin, alcohol mix. I did the recommended mix with acetone with no results on a full tank(16 gal) so my mix may be wrong or there is another issue that has nullified the groove results that cant be found by anyone.
Was thinking of getting another computer chip for my truck as recommended by someone because he said he saw an improvement in HP and MPG with this new chip. Trying everything I know and so far no results.
Actually lost 2-3 MPG with the head gasket change and its not the pre cat 02 sensor because that was changed a few months before the HG with no results. Any suggestions?
Also what is the aspirin, H202, alcohol mix formula?
Karl

Acetone in fuel 03 Mar 2014 06:36 #18

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Hello Karl411
I was using rubbing alcohol, poor carrier for me, now using EverClear 190 proof grain alcohol 6 ozs., does a great job as a carrier and dissolving 16 aspirin for my 32 gallon tank with a small amount of hydrogen peroxide 1/2 oz I use the HEET 1 oz about every 5 tank unless we have lots of rain

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl411

Acetone in fuel 03 Mar 2014 18:52 #19

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Have you been getting good results with that formula?
Went out and purchased the EverClear since I could not find the Acetyl alcohol anywhere.
It dissolved the aspirins fine and will fill up the tank again on Wednesday and see if I can get a different result this time. Last time I saw no difference with the mixture.
I dissolved 8 aspirin for a 14 gallon gas fill. Guess that should do it and have it in a jar waiting.
I guess the aspirin is supposed to break the gas down better for combustion.
Is the H202 necessary for the mixture also?

Acetone in fuel 03 Mar 2014 20:18 #20

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Karl go back to start of thread and re-read... ;) Unfortunate this thread got named/started w/ Acetone in its name. Dan has said, I've read elsewhere if there is any alcohol in the gas acetone won't work, alcohol negates acetone. I think most USA gas is E10, 10% ethanol 90% gasoline. Too bad since ya found that acetone dissolves the aspirin you used. I had to look around to find dollar store cheapo un-coated aspirin, literally 99cents for 150 of em. The patent referenced to this said grain alcohol, which is Ethanol. But Dan said any carrier fluid that mixes w/ gasoline. so- I went and got small bottle of Everclear (ethanol drinking booze), HEET gas dryer (Methanol) the cheapo aspirin, and had hydrogen peroxide already. Formula as I read here says: 6 ea. 325 mg. uncoated aspirin, crushed mixed w/ an Oz or so of alcohol, and a drop or two of Hydro. Peroxide, this formula per each 12 gallons of gas. Further on Dan and others have said to run the mix thru a filter in the funnel when adding to tank to catch particles. Ive tried crushing the aspirin in a steel sauce cup w/ a 1/2" socket extension like mortar and pestle, crushed for several minutes till I thought it was pulverized but still particles are there after I mix it all up in a little bottle. I cant say whether Everclear ethanol or HEET yellow bottle Methanol is best so I use some of both. HEET is far cheaper though.

So filtering it is smart to me. On my mileage test run I added 3-4 OZ of Lucas gas treat also to my 13-14 gal. tank. Only time I've done that, I'm still running the same tank I used at conclusion of that test 3 weeks ago. The Subaru sure liked that mix though.

Stumped on your Ford, maybe drive to Sweden for Sex Change? :( :sick: :pinch: sorry man..Has it been super cold where you are Karl?

Tracy
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl411

Acetone in fuel 03 Mar 2014 23:15 #21

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I've read elsewhere if there is any alcohol in the gas acetone won't work, alcohol negates acetone. I think most USA gas is E10, 10% ethanol 90% gasoline.

Yes but acetone was the only thing I found to dissolve the aspirin which is what was needed I thought in the gas to break the gas down for better combustion. Not that I was looking for the acetone to be the substance to change the gas. Thought that anything that burns that can break down aspirin was what was needed. Well it didnt do diddley for me for HP or MPG so hopefully the chemistry was wrong with the acetone and that the Everclear I have now will do the trick. Seems like I have to mix more than an ounce to get all 6 asperin to disolve after crushing them. Crushing them with a spoon in a dish seems to do the trick very easily for me without having to use a heavy tool.
I will add a little H202(dont know what that does) and a little HEET like you did and see what happens. Will also get the Lucas on Wednesday and add the whole mix into the full tank. Will know by Friday if this worked. Nothing else seemed to but am hoping that something that nobody saw with my engine will be somehow found and the groove will do its magic.
Been chatting with others who know I did the groove and they scratch thier heads also. Told them everyone I read about gets a huge boost in HP and MPG but with me, nothing. Told one guy who has a Ranger that if he takes the TB out, I will groove it to see if it makes a big change in his truck so I will know its some hidden gremlin in mine.
And congrats on your 50+mpg success. You deserve it with all the mods you did on your demon.
Seeing the engine on that brat just floored me. Looks like something I would not want to get anywhere close to.
Hopefully you stay with that 50+ mileage the way gas prices are going to go real soon.

Acetone in fuel 04 Mar 2014 00:22 #22

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Well thank you Karl...I see what you did now. Here's another idea! try crushing heck out of aspirin, then disolve in acetone, and let dry, THEN add that to the alcohol w/ some H2O2, and see if there are still particles? I haven't used a filter yet but will from now on. I started the other aspirin thread, MPG remedy, to try to give this deal a name, read that yet? Dan adds the H2O2 as a bacterial retarder, reemember gasoline is based on a organic source, crude oil. I'm relying on Dan's decades of experience w/ all this. It's said that acetone is negated by alcohol, but I haven't seen the reverse stated anywhere?

Oh and you wouldn't be the first to be freaked out by the subie's engine bay, the diode blocks look science fiction nobody understands 'em! LOL But actually w/ the weber DGEV, it's a lot less cluttered under there, easier to work on too. Still too many black long things in there, even I have to carefully sort vac. hoses from the heat shrinked diode block wires, nobody ever sees plug wires w/ a separate lead going to plug boots...

Sorry I forget, where do you live, what region, have you been hammered by the fierce cold as so many have? Deep cold sure doesn't help our engines.
BTW, check your email, Karl!

cheers! Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Acetone in fuel 08 Mar 2014 22:05 #23

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tried the formula you gave and Im halfway through the tank and I see no change.
Someone else here didnt have any/much of a change either on the aspirin formula so maybe its all the other mods you made that made the difference.
At my wits end here. Maybe its the computer chip what stops all advancement in HP and MPG?
All the efforts have produced no change. The mechanic who did the head gasket job think the engine is super for the 280k I have on it but that could have been adding RVS to give it a 165-175lbs on each cylinder. As far as what matters to me is the HP and MPG which seems to be a pipe dream now.

:(

Last edit: by Karl411.

Acetone in fuel 08 Mar 2014 23:45 #24

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Hi Karl we've played phone tag but each missed. I'll try again tomorrow I'm off a few days.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV