Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help! in installing an EFIE before the groove.

Help! in installing an EFIE before the groove. 16 Jul 2014 21:28 #1

• Joseph33
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I originally planned after thoroughly documenting my car's mpg performance to groove my 1994 Honda Civic VX with the smallest bit to see if the car's ECU would be less overwhelmed or adapted better to the groove. 4WheelBill has a 93 VX and used the big bit and got good results but I was curious to see if better results could be achieved then just an extra 10 mpg.

As I was thoroughly documenting the car's performance, I came to the conclusion that the smallest bit just may give no better results due to the ECU's strict fuel parameters to keep the cars from running too rich or lean.

So if anyone has installed an EFIE injunction with the groove, your help will be greatly appreciate :) Right now I'm looking at the possibility of installing a Wide Band EFIE at FuelSaver-MPG.com, Fuel Saving Technology That Works

I believe that an EFIE injunction with the groove has the capability to double any car's MPG. It really would amazing to find that out in a Honda Civic VX!!!

God Bless,

Joseph :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Joseph33.

Help! in installing an EFIE before the groove. 16 Jul 2014 22:07 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Joseph. I'm definitely NOT a guru of sensor/ECU mods, but I will input on what I know or believe.

I have read repeatedly where George Wiseman of Eagle Research, who developed the first EFIE's- has advised that an EFIE is to help retain or improve mileage gains, to be found from another engine mod for economy. Mods like HHO, the Groove, etc. He advises not to use an EFIE alone, but rather as a complimentary device TO a fuel-saving mod. Kinda like the Groove is the Steak, the EFIE is the Steak sauce. An EFIE without the fuel saving mod done first runs risk of going too lean.

Ron endorses Mike Kerhli of Fuel-saver.org, as the source for the best EFIE's. The info on this is in the fuel saver tab at right top of the front page here. IF your Honda has a MAP sensor, then Mike Kerhli has a device for that- and we have the Mapster still I believe.

4WheelBill is a solid tech- If I had a car just like his I would consider outright copying him!

and for some really good info about modding sensors and tuning w/ a computer- Karl411 posted the great article by Mike Hollar that was originally at Fuel-Saver.org. I just re-posted the article as a direct link to the original to give the original graphics on wiring schematics there, and it wil live in Tools of the Trade section of the Index, our "back room".

So, I humbly say- Groove first, document results, then consider the "steak sauce"!
;)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Help! in installing an EFIE before the groove. 19 Jul 2014 12:06 #3

• 4wheelBill
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
yes yes and yes Tracy hit it out of the ballpark . Joseph give me a call