Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1995 GMC Jimmy

1995 GMC Jimmy 22 Jul 2014 06:17 #1

• Isaiah
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I forgot to mention in the intro that I have a 1995 GMC Jimmy with 177,000 miles on it. It still drives good and has given me very few problems.
My only issue with my SUV is that it gets 15mpg city and maybe 20 highway and it uses premium gas.
What can I do that will help increase MPG until my disability claim gets approved and I can get grooved?

The only mods I've done is put a K&N filter and a Full Boar Exhaust.

Isaiah

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1995 GMC Jimmy 22 Jul 2014 19:35 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Isaiah, and Welcome to Gadgetmanland! :cheer:

Well, until you are in a position to either get the GMC Grooved, or get a Personal Liscence Kit so you can do it yourself--try reading my post about my record-setting mileage run last week. Read here about the MPG Remedy and tire pressure tricks. Those two aren't expensive, and the tire press. gig you just need a decent tire press. guage and some common sense. I would like to see somebody try those two by themselves without the Groove.

I believe it has been noted that some engines/vehicles need to use MPG Remedy several tankfuls to see the improvements. The gains on my Subaru came in on the third then fourth tank, and now it runs like another car! Of course I have a Grooved Weber carb, very high energy ignition, ans some other mods too. But all the mods were in place for months/years, until the last two mileage tests. Only real change done in past several months was boosting my tire press. after I saw I had tires rated at 51 lbs. cold.

I look forward to seeing any results you may share w/ us!

I hope that you feel better in coming days/weeks, my freind!

Though I'm not a Veteran- I heartily say-

Semper Fi!

Hoo-ah! ;)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

1995 GMC Jimmy 23 Jul 2014 02:18 #3

• Isaiah
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm going to read it now, Thanks for the reply!

1995 GMC Jimmy 23 Jul 2014 04:30 #4

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
Welcome to a great place gadgetman land Isaiah look for my truck >>> " 1997 chev 1500 pickup 350 vortex " there are some PCV reroute pictures and other stuff
geraldc

1995 GMC Jimmy 23 Jul 2014 21:30 #5

• Isaiah
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Gerald,

I will check it out asap.

• Page: