Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 49cc carb

49cc carb 02 Sep 2014 14:56 #1

• donsbach
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Has anyone tried to groove a 49cc carb engine yet??? (John Deere)
The throttles a little different,its a round tube, not a plate.
Anyone,anyone Carb Master, Tracey
Any luck with this one yet or anyone even try???

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

49cc carb 02 Sep 2014 20:19 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Greg, at first glance I don't think it's possible to Groove this one. No throttle plate. Never looked at this type before, it's a slide type right? Still it burns gas- so some of our other tricks might help, like MPG Remedy, possibly improve the Ignition, engine friction treatment ( see in the fuel savers button on top of front site page). Does this critter have a PCV valve? Is this a riding mower? I've grooved my Tecumseh Craftsman mower, and others have had success w/ small carb'ed engines, chain saws, small boat motors, etc. But I think no dice for this one.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

49cc carb 02 Sep 2014 20:32 #3

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
no dice is right its a slider

49cc carb 02 Sep 2014 21:21 #4

• donsbach
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tracey
No its not a slider(sorry Dan,wrong)
its a tube that pivots like a plate
from the 3 pics,if you careful, you can see its like a pipe with a hole the same size as the bore
and its turned 90 degrees from idle to full throttle

49cc carb 03 Sep 2014 02:16 #5

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think your right tracy and if thats the inside that its showing then Id try cutting a groove right there where it would crack throttle. I wouldnt cut a long groove only about a half inch smile as it might be more air to quick causing afr to change to rational. Ive tried sliders to know success.We use them on cart racers locally. The ones with butterfly work great but will be disqualified if bore challenged. All 49cc engines arent that way as most ive worked on are sliders,

49cc carb 15 Sep 2014 20:05 #6

• donsbach
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Well I just wrote a great post on my 530 BMW, but it might be in proofing or somewhere in the clouds,I hope
After my 530 groove, I was on a roll and did this 49cc John Deere engine on my scooter.
Also Worked well, I adjusted the mixture in a full revolution, then back out a 1/4.
Really responsive, no one new how well if at all of how well might work on this tubular rotating throttle. Used the smallest cutter at a 15 deg. from touching the tube.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

49cc carb 15 Sep 2014 23:17 #7

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Excellent Greg! You my friend just pioneered a whole new application of the famous Groove. :woohoo: :P

I'm very impressed by this. Not being a small engine guy I didn't realize this carb had the type of tubular rotating throttle as this. I just learned something! It would be good to know the various app's of this type of small engine carb. I don't remember seeing any discussion of these from anyone else. And thanks for the good pics- I'm known here as a pic. addict. I always try to give supporting pics to explain things. I always assumed that it had to be a rotating flat blade throttle to Groove!

ALL HAIL Greg Donsbach!!! (Men In Black theme plays in backround...)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: