Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Name your question or subject in the TOPIC section so we know what you're talking about!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Power Edge

The Power Edge 28 Dec 2021 21:36 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
So, this story began almost ten years ago, when Ron Hatton, was on one of his road trips. He was with Aaron Cheek, another Gadgetman, and was demonstrating the modification of the throttle plate edge. I've given it the name Power Edge. In this youtube video, he demonstrates what it is, how he did it, what tools, and the reasons for and results from it. He tells it all here:

After watching the video, it should make sense. I got re-clued in about this mod last summer by a customer who did it himself on his own TB. And, it worked!. So, I started doing it myself too .I've shaped quite a few throttle plates since last summer, in combination with the Groove, for all customers. Every feedback I've received since I began this extra mod, has been excellent, save one, whose engine needs more attention because of old vacuum hoses.

A few results I've received back so far, include: 25%+ mileage increase on a 2016 Toyota Tacoma, 33 MPG observed at 45 MPH, on a 2012 Chevy Silverado 5.3L 4x4 truck, and nice power increases on both a 2013 and a 2021 Honda Ridgeline V6 engines.

So here's a few photos of what this looks like on various TB's:

I hope you caught Ron's mention of NASCAR's use of this great mod!

Cheers, everybody, and Happy New Year!!
Tracy G
Welcome to Gadgetman Land! The Gadgetman Groove: The World's Best in Fuel Economy Operations Manager 775 544-7692
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: more info

The Power Edge 31 Dec 2021 12:26 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Great photos...
just take care when applying this technique so that you don't cut into the diameter of the plate, or it'll cause idle issues - issues just as serious as a manifold vacuum leak

Those are some shiny throttle butterfly plates!
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: