Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Other small engines

Other small engines 15 Jul 2012 06:12 #1

• groovygal
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Speaking about other engines...today I just grooved my carburetor on my Trencherman backhoe...It was pretty easy.. I also did one of my Echo engines earlier this past week. It was fun to do and I enjoyed tinkering with them.. It really does not take long to do them... I did notice today that the throttle plate already had that little mod that I read about somewhere in the forum..that its backside had been beveled from back to front like someone mentioned in one message I read...

My best.. groovygal/Patti

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Other small engines 15 Jul 2012 06:42 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Good for you, Patti! Small engine carbs are fun and quick to Groove! Good practice too. I use an Ignition file to round off trailing throttle blade edges, finished w/ fine sandpaper. I avoid the edge that seals against throttle bore, only the edge towards downstream right over the Groove. I also gently smooth the leading or "entry" edge of the Groove after cutting it. I did this on a freind's 89 Nissan Maxima I re-Grooved 2 days ago. Making sure of good Grooves and rounding the throttle blade trailing edge worked very well, that car has even more throttle response now.

Keep at it!!:cheer:

TracyG Gadgetman Reno
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Re: Other small engines 15 Jul 2012 21:14 #3

• groovygal
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tracy I took one of the Dremel fine polish tool heads and just used my hand with it to work down a slight burr at the top of the leading edge of the groove..I also checked the rear edge just to follow what others have said in other topics on the forum..I had to get some new fuel line today.. I find that the device that turns the fuel flow on and off is stuck in the open position.. I sprayed it with some PB Blaster after cleaning it with carb cleaner so its sitting and hopefully will loosen up.

Hey is there a page in the forum where there are definitions for acronyms that you guys use for parts on cars?? If there isn't one It would be a good thing to have for groovygals like me....who don't know what they mean.. groovygal/Patti

Re: Other small engines 16 Jul 2012 06:02 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Groovygal no acronym list here yet, but it would be listed as AAL.......................Automotive Acronym List, I think:pinch:

True there are a Zillion of the critters! Try either an online search for such a list, OR public library might have Mitchell manuals in Reference Section. Look for Mitchell or any manual that covers Emission Control Systems, that's where so many acronyms oriiginate. If you look at beginning of Emissions controls section in many car manuals you'll find list of these dandies.

PCV: Positive Crankcase Ventilation
EGR: Exhaust Gas Recirculation
IAC: Idle Air Control valve

Some car computer acronyms:

PCM: Powertrain Control Module
ECM: Engine Control Module
OBD1: Onboard Diagnostics one--car computers and related hardware/sensors up to 1995
OBDII: Onboard Diagnostics two--car computer systems since 1996

TGP: Tired Gadgetman Poster; this poster:pinch:

TracyG Gadgetman Reno
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan

Re: Other small engines 16 Jul 2012 07:48 #5

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My GOODNESS, Girl!

You keep doing this well and I'm going to have to promote you! ONE KARMA for suggesting a solution rather than dwelling on the problem.

For those of you that read this, who should spearhead this project? COME ON! Who would be the BEST?

Ron

Re: Other small engines 16 Jul 2012 22:28 #6

• groovygal
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:) Hi Ron, I just finished putting the Trencherman back together..I had forgotten how the springs were attached on the governor. I had to go out to a site that had old engine manuals on it..so just for giggles I scanned in my engine..8hp, Wisconsin-Robbins built in 1993. I should always take pictures before I take those things apart..could have saved myself two days of looking on the net for the diagram that I needed.. Lesson learned..!!
The attached diagram is for the manual start engine..Oh here is the website I got the manual from..it was free to copy in a PDF file...
Lots of good stuff there... groovygal/Patti

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Page: