Glastron Ski Boat SX 175 31 Aug 2012 21:55 #1

• Maina
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Chevy 4.3L engine
Holley 2 bbl synchronous carb

Grooved, gap plugs + 20%, it also needed a cap and rotor

Fuel consumption cut in half

with the corrosion that had accumulated on the terminals of the cap, I would say that part of the increase in fuel efficiency was due to replacing the cap and rotor.

This guy is a hard worker, fisherman, landscaper. I know him from when his boys were in the Scouts. Approached him about grooving one of his mowers. He gave my one that backfired, was hard to start, nobody used it. It had multiple problems. When I brought it back, it ran quieter, did not need the choke to start, and never backfired again.
he says to me "I want you to work on my boat." So I did.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Maina.

Re: Glastron Ski Boat 01 Sep 2012 00:04 #2

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Prescott,

want details..... Which year/model Glastron? The second reason I ask is that I have a 195GLS in my back yard that I can't touch until it is out of warranty. :)

The first reason I ask is that when people read these posts, you don't want them leaving with more questions.

Make : Glastron
Model: ?
Year : ?
engine : Chevy 4.3L (is this a 4 or 6 cylinder)
Hours : If you can get the runtime hours on something like this it would be good information to pass on.
Throttlebody : 2BBL Holley Synchronous

Also, how you went about determining the placement of the groove, ie: idle screw position, etc and did you do the original groove style or the newer 22-30 degree angle.

The more information that we can put in these posts the easier it is going to be for the next Gadgetman to reproduce the same results and at the same time any potential "client" is going to have everything they need to determine whether or not their engine is a fit.

and this is for everyone posting their results... Prescott just pulled the trigger. :woohoo:

Sorry Prescott, it was an opportunity to expand the plea for information.

Anyway, as it has been found by those that have tried it, the small engines really love the Gadgetman Groove.

I'm really liking the Glastron results, my Partner is going to like it too.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by TacomaKarl.
  • Page: