Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Practice Grooving small engine carbs

Practice Grooving small engine carbs 01 Jun 2013 22:35 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Today is perhaps the only Saturday I'll have off work this summer. I got antsy and bugged a couple neighbors for small engine carbs to practice Grooving. Came up w/ 2 different carbs, one from a junkpile the other from the trash!

Got in some great small Groove practice in, wound up w/ 2 near-perfect Grooves. Both Grooves went full depth, w/ bit fitting tightly. Used my Panavice as a helping hand, first smaller one I held throttle closed w/ small vicegrips, second larger one w/ rubber band. Cooled small bit w/ water.
Filled in likely break-thru areas w/ JB Quick.

For whatever reason it was pretty easy controlling the tool/bit on these. I think different carbs/ TB's use different hardness of aluminum?

No installed results, I don't even know what these 2 are off of.

But here's some pics anyway, as well as this crazy poster "in the element" They're coming to take me Away to the Groovy Farm, where life is Groovy...

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Practice Grooving small engine carbs 02 Jun 2013 23:01 #2

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
Great pics Tracy!

Small carbs are great, grooved my lawn mower a few weeks back and today mowed the lawn 2.75 times with a tank that normally only lasts 1 time around. 175% increase isn't too bad. :)

I then had an immediate order for a generator, 2 mowers, 2 air compressors and 2 vehicles. Had to tell them to wait a while, baby is due on wed. so i'm going to be a little too busy to be tearing into projects for the next couple of weeks.

Stay Groovy!
Ken
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan

Practice Grooving small engine carbs 03 Jun 2013 19:27 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Well Congrats in advance on you New Addition! Life can be like that--you have sucess w/ small engines, so orders roll in. But ya got someting more Important for the time being. Well you're doing quite well in these 2 depts! :cheer: Yup 175% is Awesome!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: