Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crafstman Push Mower

Crafstman Push Mower 09 Aug 2013 09:10 #1

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
I have a 6.75 hp briggs & stratton engine on my Crafstman mower and i've done a lot of things to this poor mower. None of them have had such a great effect as the groove has.

Before the groove the best improvement I made was going to a heated vapor build, this gave me a 100% increase in fuel. I could mow my lawn twice with one tank of gas.

After removing the vapor build and applying the groove with a 20% increase in spark gap, I now have a 175% increase in fuel. That's 2-3/4 lawns with the same tank of gas.

I will upload a few pictures in a following post of my lawn mower, they are of one of my earliest heated vapor experiments. **Disclaimer** Please if you try vapor on your gas mower, be extremely careful and don't use a glass jar. It is worth the time and effort to build a system of pipe that looks more like a 'Geet' system but runs well with heat from your muffler.

Ken

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Crafstman Push Mower 09 Aug 2013 09:12 #2

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Just do the groove, it works better than the vapor does. And its a lot easier to do as well.

Ken

Last edit: by Ken Bittle. Reason: Trying to load pictures

Crafstman Push Mower 09 Aug 2013 23:46 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Maybe we ought to switch to driving Mowers, Ken! :P

That's a great increase on that mower. I did my smaller Craftsman w/ Tecumseh engine last year. but I don't mow enough to know of any gains, though it does run well Grooved.

That's a substantial claim, that the Groove beat a fuel-vapor system for you, look at how many fuel-vapor systems/mods are around. And Grooving is simpler to boot--and just look at what's involved in GEET. I think GEET is cool, btw, never tried it.

"Just do the Groove" now that sounds like an old Motown lyric! :lol:

dig it baby...

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Crafstman Push Mower 12 Aug 2013 12:16 #4

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I recently had a man drive up from Bonner's Ferry ID to pick up his Personal License and some personal training. His name is Lowell Graber (you have probably already seen him here). He had a vapor system and a bunch of other mods that he used to increase his economy.

With only The Groove, he came very near his best ever MPG's with all the other things combined. This certifies THe Groove is vaporizing the fuel better, which is the most critical factor in increasing combustion (and thereby fuel) efficiency.

Allow the ECU to adapt to The Groove WITHOUT ANY OTHER MODIFICATIONS for better results. Once the LTFT's are properly settled in, try re-applying the other stuff. Of course, this isn't the case with non-computer controlled fuel delivery systems, but this is as good a place as any to remind you guys.

Ken, this is great news. Thanks for your efforts and your faith in me. Together, we ARE changing the world!

Ron
HHOGadgetman on Skype

Crafstman Push Mower 15 Aug 2013 00:05 #5

• LowellGraber
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks to you for sharing your inspiration Sir! Had a very enjoyable 2 days working with you and learning "The Groove".

Crafstman Push Mower 19 Feb 2022 00:35 #6

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
topic bump for small engines.
Tracy G.
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Crafstman Push Mower 11 Mar 2022 16:51 #7

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
This mower has been replaced, but this is such a great thing for small engines!

Ken
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway

Crafstman Push Mower 12 Mar 2022 21:28 #8

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
it SURE IS!!:evil:

Tracy G.
Tracy Gallaway