Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best Portable Generator?

Best Portable Generator? 28 Mar 2017 03:36 #1

• aaronrodg
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello guys, i am planing a camping vacation and for that i need to take a generator with me, i just want to know what would be best a portable generator or a solar chargeable battery?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Best Portable Generator? 28 Mar 2017 09:32 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Both? we don't talk much camping around here. we're more about energy efficiency and how our technology benefits the planet by lowering emissions through better combustion.
That's not to say what you're asking doesn't fit in with our vision - people have applied our groove to their portable generators for longer run times on the same amount of fuel, and no blue smoke coming out of the exhaust port.

So to answer your question about what is the best portable generator, I would have to say it's one with the Gadgetman Groove applied to it!
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Last edit: by GregK. Reason: added link

Best Portable Generator? 29 Mar 2017 16:00 #3

• Victor Merculief Jr
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 1
Aaron, these may or may not be in your price range but thought you would have a look.

Solutions from science generators.

Best Portable Generator? 29 Mar 2017 18:03 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
I agree with Dr. Dude, Aaron. For a gas powered portable one, the best one is one that has been Grooved! :evil:

As resident Dr. Obvious, obviously the gas powered one will run rain or shine, day or night. Run time will increase a LOT if the carb. is Grooved. You should also do the spark plug gap increase, and look at the new info messages here in the forum, on Nano-coated copper wire added to the plug wire, courtesy of Vernie!

solar is another good option too, but I don't have good info on which is best. A separate question is- how much electrical power do you need, to run what, for how long. Camping can mean anything from backpacking in to a spot, to taking the truck out ( Groove that too!) to the lake for a weekend of camping. Then there are the RV'er's and their rigs and generators. (Groove the RV too, if it's gas!)

You won't bring a gas generator in by backpack (will you? :blink: ) but there are lots of folks using small solar panel setups on their backpacks today. There do exist ($$) small portable Rocket Stoves that have a thermo-electric generator incorporated to charge a cell phone, etc. while you cook using wood twigs.

I could go on and on- but the question remains one of needs and use.

But if it burns gasoline, the Groove is definitely the answer! ;)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: more info
  • Page: