Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about anything here related to Groove installation and enhancements.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Newsletters

Newsletters 19 Nov 2018 17:27 #1

• Kenneth Smith
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 29
Hey guys. I've been member to group for a while but haven't received any newsletters. Have there been any sent out in the last six months? This is Thanksgiving week.
Ken(maxmpg)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Newsletters 19 Nov 2018 18:36 #2

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Ken,
To make sure you weren't eliminated in the last purge of the "never openers", just sign up again.

I'm going to be doing another one tomorrow, asking for two things. 1) To grant me a review on a new site, dedicated to give the 100% WHOLE truth. Google is suppressing me, Facebook is not spending my advertising, and I need YOUR help in spreading the word!

The second is to give my newsletter subscribers to get their own discount code for money off a purchase, and when your coupon code is used, you earn $50!

Email me to get your code. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

Newsletters 20 Nov 2018 11:56 #3

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Ron -
You're surprised Google (YouTube falls under the Google/Alphabet family umbrella too) and Facebook/Instagram are not cooperative? They ARE the man on the internet. (amazon/microsoft are just as bad)
the Groove is all about saying "Damn the man" and spitting in their eye, proving that there are ways other than what they tell us.
all of the crap/bots that end up clogging up the website are because of these things

linux/ubuntu should be everyone's operating systems, Don't use Google's Chrome - brave is the browser, and set the Search Engine to DuckDuckGo. Host your own website and video content - Wistia.com might be a good starting point for video.
You'll still get spam/junk, but by taking control of your digital presence rather than relying on the man to help you, you'll have better ways of making the bad stuff go and stay away so you can focus on doing your own thing and moving your ideas forward.

Further, you won't have to do these purges and put up walls around things - having to sign up to see the forum and the successes and solutions to problems is counterproductive to promoting the Groove. Sharing the information is the way forward. Showing it off will lead to sales. Walled gardens like Microsoft's, Apple's, Google/Alphabet's are counter to what we're trying to accomplish...and they profit from our failure.

I'll stop now. you know my email if you'd like more details/insight/perspective/opinion. I have enough to share ;)
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

• Page: