Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about anything here related to Groove installation and enhancements.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Snake Oil Evaluation Program

Snake Oil Evaluation Program 23 Oct 2019 07:31 #1

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
For those interested in making comments about their experience, you can call the hotline at 406-686-3291. We'll be taking transcripts and posting the recordings, too!
We have started the Snake Oil Evaluation Program, where a select group of individuals and families have purchased a Complete Care Package for one or more vehicles.

Each participant will be submitting the data on their vehicles in their own words. Beginning with an initial overview prior to their use of Snake Oil on each vehicle, then submitting a review after 24 hours, and then on the first and the 15th of each month to post a follow-up for a period of three months (Through Mid-January) then reports after three additional months then at the one year mark.

They will be keeping logs on all events involving maintenance and vehicle expenditures.

We will begin...

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, David Seaich, Don Larson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Ron Hatton. Reason: Adding the hotline.

Snake Oil Evaluation Program 23 Oct 2019 07:33 #2

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
The first posting in this category is from Dr. Kim Mitchell of California. This is a case I will be following most closely as Californians are dealing with the highest priced, the highest taxed and the worst, most polluted fuel in the nation.

He begins:
Objective: Demonstrate improved mpg and reduced wear/friction losses on my 2003 Toyota Camry XLE 3.0L V6 using the various Snake Oil Products (odometer 172522 miles).

Background: I have great respect for Ron Hatton and the Gadgetman Groove Forum - thumbs up to everyone - we can reduce the energy footprint of transportation through enhanced mpg. I have been involved in global energy issues my entire career - global pioneer in photovoltaics, energy conservation, etc. Around 2004, since I did not like the normal 22 mpg for my car, I redesigned the air intake to reduce the air restriction and achieved 42 mpg over a 55 mile stop-and-go distance (Fairfax, CA to San Ramon, CA) - I was shocked that the air intake for the 3.0L V6 was identical to the air take for the 2.4L 4 cylinder Camry. The ECU did not like my changes and reduced my results. Toyota would not work with me. During that time, in attempting further mpg improvements, I damaged one of the oxygen sensors (expensive replacement) and stopped further experiments. Note: I also found the tire to road friction loss is primary #1 - in addition, on hwy 680 (East San Francisco Bay Area) I found 2-3 mpg different in road surface (concrete vs asphalt); tire pressure (higher is better - for my tires, 32 psi).

Currently I work out of my home so most driving is local. The XLE has a built-in instantaneous mpg and average mpg display. From physics, F=ma (force = mass x acceleration). In theory, if speed is constant, acceleration is zero and the required energy from engine is zero. Thus, most energy is consumed in acceleration (stop to driving speed, eg. 25 mpg), as verified by my mpg gauge. Unfortunately, in reality, at constant speed, the primary loss is overcoming friction (#1: tire to road contact; #2 drive train/transmission losses, etc...). That is why the dealers show the average mpg lower than the highway mpg.

Current Study: I added the Snake Oil coolant and power steering additives on 18 Oct 2019 (odometer 172522). The next day, filling my gas tank, I added the transmission fluid additive and 5cc of fuel additive (odometer 172524). My prior full tank refill around-the-town results were 16.9 mpg (at average 21.7 mph). So far, today (around-the-town), after 24.2 miles, my average mpg is 19.8 (a 17 % increase).

My recent benchmark for freeway driving (yet untested with the Snake Oil) is 26.6 mpg (at 61.3 mph) over 320.9 miles. In the past, I have had around 35 mpg highway which has gone down over time. Although I regularly change oil, I have not done an engine tune-up since around 100,000 miles (bad experience with auto shop).

I will keep everyone updated.

Life is a miracle,
Blessings,
Kim

Dr. Kim Mitchell
Ron Hatton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, Johnathan, Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, David Seaich, Don Larson

Snake Oil Evaluation Program 23 Oct 2019 07:43 #3

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
The next participant has sent his data as well.
Donald Larson

Colfax, Wisconsin

Car info: Mileage: 37,873

2016 Jeep Renegade Limited, 3300 lbs., 4 wheel/all drive, rear diff electric disconnect, 225/55/18 tires, 3.74:1 final drive,

Steering: power rack and pinion. (Note): It appears to use fluid from the transmission and driven by an electric motor.

948 TE 9 speed auto trans. ( 5 direct and 4 overdrives) capacity 3.65 qts.

power transfer unit capacity: 0.42 qts.

Rear diff. capacity: 0.63 qts.

Current long term MPG.(26.3)

Engine: 2.4L single cam, VVT 180HP, 175LB. torque, 87 octane 0-10% ethanol, 5.5 qts., 0w-20 synthetic oil, 6.8 qts. coolant. Compression 10:1
Ron Hatton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Snake Oil Evaluation Program 23 Oct 2019 08:27 #4

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
I hope someone who drives 100+ miles per day is part of this...a highway commuter, with a 2hr round trip between work and home...
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Snake Oil Evaluation Program 23 Oct 2019 08:58 #5

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
You received the offer just as the other 400+ members of this Groovy forum, Greg.

What did you do when you received it? Wait for me to call you?

There is one common trait among the successful. And a trait that is absent among those that don't reach their potential.

Action.

One mantra for true entrepreneurs is "Do SOMETHING. Even if it's WRONG!"
Ron Hatton

Snake Oil Evaluation Program 23 Oct 2019 10:02 #6

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
I filed it, Ron. Not in the round file, either. That said, my memory needs some refreshing, so I'll have to go looking for it.

I may be able to be of great service here: In an attempt to save my retired parents some money, I've recently taken on the maintenance of their vehicles.
Mum drives a 2009 Pontiac Vibe with the 1.8L 4cyl (~50k Miles) Toyota engine, and Dad drives a 2014 Subaru Forester 2.5L (75k Miles). Both are ungrooved, but I'll probably groove mum's sooner than dad's. These in addition to my Buick...3 different engines/powertrains, meaning lots of data if you want me to take part with the family fleet. (And I haven't even mentioned my brother's rides out on the left coast - he drives luxury imports: a BMW X-series, a Porsche, and some numbered edition, hand built Racing motorcycle (Honda maybe?), all of which he maintains himself)

That's a family fleet of 6 diverse vehicles...does your offer apply to family fleets?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway

Snake Oil Evaluation Program 23 Oct 2019 13:24 #7

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
Thanks, Greg.
As I am actually losing about $12 per syringe (plus the shipping costs) I can't really justify selling you enough to treat a fleet of vehicles when I need reports from as many sources as possible. THAT is why I'm willing to do this at all.

It's a cost v ROI, and my ROI are the reports!

Still, if you can get two reports from two different sources in their own words, and can get it done today, I'll hook you up. I will be shipping them out Friday.

Will that help?
Ron Hatton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Snake Oil Evaluation Program 23 Oct 2019 21:55 #8

• Don Larson
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 8
Hello friends, I talked to Ron this morning and we got a program set up. I noticed that most vehicles have 100+ thousand miles on them, and my goal is to see what increases I can attain with low a mileage vehicle. I haven't done a groove yet, but I wanted to see separate results.I will be reporting results per schedule. God bless all of you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan, Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Snake Oil Evaluation Program 24 Oct 2019 10:22 #9

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
I've given you 4 potential different sources: me, my brother, and each of my parents on half a dozen different vehicles. (actually, the Porsche and motorbike reports would have to wait til spring, since those are summer vehicles and there's snow on the roads there).
I understand precisely what you're trying to do and how you're doing it. Respond to my email and I'm sure we can work something out privately.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Snake Oil Evaluation Program 25 Oct 2019 13:17 #10

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
Here's the latest on the effects of Snake Oil...

(But it's Boron-Based, not Carbon-based.)

Ron Hatton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, kman, David Seaich

Last edit: by Ron Hatton.

Snake Oil Evaluation Program 28 Oct 2019 14:37 #11

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
I am sending out the last of the evaluation packages this afternoon. Every participant is truly excited about the process, which has served to multipy-GEOMETRICALLY- my level of excitement!

We will start getting initial reports in a few days' time, and all have been invited-ENCOURAGED-to record videos as well as join the Forums to post in their own words their observations.

This is a whole new world for ALL Gadgetmen!!!

And I encourage you one and all to go to the site and register as an affiliate. Since I will be paying 30-40% commissions, you will be making a HEALTHY return on your investment of time and energy in telling people about what YOU know about 100% Pure SnakeOil, anti-friction for engines up to Big Rigs

Last edit: by Ron Hatton.

Snake Oil Evaluation Program 02 Nov 2019 06:52 #12

• Don Larson
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 8
I have added the snake oil package to my vehicle and the the only change that I noticed is the engine had a tappet noise that went away almost immediately. I lost some mileage, but I think it was a change from 91 octane straight gas to 87 ethanol a few days before, and the fact that I just had a radiator fan recall and right away when i left the dealership, my oil change message came up which is the first time it happened, other than that, I think this experiment is going to be a long term test.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan, Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Andrew Leyva, Hutch

• Page: