Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about anything here related to Groove installation and enhancements.
  • Page:

TOPIC: New to the forum. Where to start?

New to the forum. Where to start? 30 Apr 2020 08:45 #1

• John
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 4
This is my first post. I'm looking for advice on where to start here and other's perspective on how to be successful during the economic shutdown.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New to the forum. Where to start? 30 Apr 2020 09:45 #2

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Welcome to Gadgetman Land, John!

The first thing you should do is make a post to the Welcome Mat - Groovy Forums . Everyone has, and when you do, all those who have posted there will be alerted to your arrival.

In that post, be sure to introduce yourself well! Tell us who you are, what you're in to, and what you want to learn. That way, people can both feed and get fed by you.

Then, you will also get a lot of "Welcome Aboard" messages from the other guys here.

Now, you are free to read all posts, and see all the images and such. So, whatever you may be interested in the most, just use the search function and get ready for an adventure!!!

I look forward to hearing all about you, my friend.

Welcome home.

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

New to the forum. Where to start? 30 Apr 2020 10:02 #3

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Welcome!
If I can read into your questions, it sounds like you’ve bought the set of bits and are eager to start your business.
In my opinion, now is the perfect time to do this.

The first steps I took here were to look through the forum for posts about grooves done by others who have the same car as myself, and follow their process. Then I discovered that the groove could be applied to small engines, so the first time I actually cut a groove was in my dad’s mower (I’m an apartment dweller) - and having had a good amount of experience with it when I was younger, I could tell as soon as I started it something was different. It started easier, could idle lower, didn’t start in as large a cloud of blue smoke and smell as dirty, and it cut through longer, wetter grass and mulched leaves without having to increase the throttle. (Dad has said he doesn’t fill the fuel can as much anymore either. He asked me if I could do the same to the snow blower, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.)
With that experience in hand, I took to my daily driver. I documented the process here, and it’s one of the most viewed topics on this forum. From there, I’ve grooved a bunch of other cars for friends and family, and everyone has been happy. Get them to talk about it in their circles when the opportunity arises, and see where it goes.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

• Page: