Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about anything here related to Groove installation and enhancements.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tire pressures

Tire pressures 26 Oct 2020 11:53 #1

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Friends, I just want to remind you, now that the cooler weather is starting to take hold of us again here in the Northern Hemisphere, to check your tire pressures. I had a bit of a shock that could've been dangerous the other day.
Friday was a day that got uncharacteristically warm in my part of the world for this time of year - into the low 80s (28-29C). car was running like a dream...4.2L/100km (~55MPG) at 80kph/50mph. Then the cold front came through with a wonderful thunderstorm, dropping the temp to the mid 40s (8C). when I walked around my vehicle Saturday morning, one of the tires looked like it was resting on the sidewall, half flat. out came the pressure gauge, and it was barely able to register the 13psi that was in there, 20some psi below where it's supposed to be. that made me wonder if I had a puncture, but checking them all showed me that the change in weather makes tire pressures change too, because they were all lower than where they should be, and not by just a little!

check your tires, friends. make sure they're at the right pressure for this weather, for good fuel economy, for safety. You may be as surprised as I was.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Paul Viacrucis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tire pressures 12 Nov 2020 22:07 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Amen to THAT, Brother! Buy and USE a tire pressure gauge- !!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: