Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about anything here related to Groove installation and enhancements.
  • Page:

TOPIC: The EPA is destroying the aftermarket parts industry!

The EPA is destroying the aftermarket parts industry! 13 Jun 2021 18:34 #1

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
  • Personal License Holder
  • Thank you received: 127
Read this link! Its a terrible time when you dont have the freedom to race at legal events or modify your vehicle to burn cleaner.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by CLAUDIO CORDOVA.

The EPA is destroying the aftermarket parts industry! 14 Jun 2021 23:07 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
OK - I'm going to try to calm anyone down who is alarmed by this:

Remember what Ron was always on about - making things as easy to reverse as possible for Smog/inspection states? That's what the deal is here...partially.

"They" want to try to improve emissions to meet global emissions agreements - which means they want big oil and the carmakers to keep producing. This is SPECIFICALLY from what I can tell an attempt to get the people who drive Civics (or whatever) with ridiculous "fart cannon" (as a friend of mine puts it) mufflers/exhaust on their street cars. They'll be going after the Coal Rolling crowd too.

The best way to keep your "tuned" ride legal is to make it LOOK as stock as possible...and this is where our wee groove shines.

Unless you're looking for it, unless you've been told where to find it, unless its clearly obvious at a roadside stop...you'll have no problems.

Get rid of those cold air kits/drop-in reusable filters, those exhaust cutouts, whatever else that advertises on close or not so close inspections that you've done something to enhance performance of your car or truck...and you'll more likely than not be fine and keep smiling at the gas pump and/or when you stomp that gas pedal.

we're heading into some tough times and they're going to be looking to you to put your money into building the economy back better, because they're all tapped out or don't want to pass the cost on to too many future generations. but by keeping under their radar, doing what you can to quietly show them you know what they're playing at and have been doing a better job than any of their new laws ever could, you'll likely have the least amount of disruption to your finances and lives and rides.

Hope this helps.
Be careful and safe out there, friends.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway

The EPA is destroying the aftermarket parts industry! 16 Jun 2021 09:51 #3

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
For a little bit of context about where Claudio is coming from, here's Uncle Tony, an old-school guy Tracy and I like to keep an eye on with his spin:
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

The EPA is destroying the aftermarket parts industry! 17 Jun 2021 00:31 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
I have had to del with smog check rules for over 40 years. It hasbecome more intrusive over time, I learned to stop and consider visibility of whatever I would do under my or someone else's hood. Back in the late 80's I bought an '81 Mazda 626. The rues here stated that ALL the stock emissions related stuff HAD to remain in place. There was no computer in this car. but I rebuilt the carb. several times, as I wouldn't be allowed to replace it.
This car is where I learned to pay more attention to Ignition, since it was Ok to use different plug wires, etc.

We don't yet have an ultra-stringent police state type of random stops for underhood inspections here. Yet.. Thank God for that.
But, people, take heed of what Greg says above here. Think of how to improve the engine and other systems, without giving a visible red flag to those who get paid to find those "violations".

Tracy G.
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

The EPA is destroying the aftermarket parts industry! 17 Jun 2021 02:12 #5

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
  • Thank you received: 127
Thank you brother for posting that video. It doesn't matter if its a honda or chevy Camaro, Challenger ect. We should have the right to hall balls or make our vehicles as efficient as we desire without the federal government who pays billions in the inefficient military vehicles.
Could you imagine the groove on our vehicles that protect our freedoms, and the advantage they would have. But its a modification and not ok. WTF? I am just very angry how this would impact the thousands of jobs and tax payers this would effect. There is my 2cents. I hope everyone is happy and safe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK

• Page: