Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about anything here related to Groove installation and enhancements.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Multiport injection

Multiport injection 13 May 2023 11:30 #1

• MikeL
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm still going through the topics. The information is so spread out among the various topics that it makes it hard to find a comprehensive collection of information.

I am wondering how effective the groove is with mutiport injection. I can see where it works with carbs and TB that have an injection port, but what about systems that have a fuel rail? A forum search only resulted is two (2) hits, and neither provided any information about this.

Is information about engine cleaning, tricking O2 sensors, PCV mod, etc, contained on the DVD that comes with the groove kit?

I have a 2008 4.8 GMC Votec with 181,000 miles on it. Has a fuel rail. Looking to do snake oil (still looking for engine cleaning info) and holding off on the groove for now until I read more about it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MikeL.

Multiport injection 14 May 2023 18:27 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi MikeL. Yes the Groove works on multiport injection, this is over 90% of all vehicles the Groove has been done upon.The Forum is pretty unorganized to make it easy to sort through the info, that is how it evolved over the years.
You might try going to youtube, look for the Gadgetmanglobal channel. then, look for any video where Ron Hatton is at a whiteboard. He posted several videos giving detailed explanations of the theory of operation of the Groove. The main thing, is how the Groove captures some if the incoming air on each intake stroke, and then releases it when the piston passes 90 degrees crank angle on each intake stroke. This in turn increases the amplitude of the pressure curve the fuel is exposed to during the intake stroke. The lower pressure (vacuum) the fuel is exposed to increases vaporization of the fuel droplets, and this happens in a fraction of a second. There is much more to this which is explained in great detail in the Gadgetman Groove
Personal License Training Kit Manual.
So I hope this helps, MikeL. Call me if you want more info. Thanks, Tracy G. 775 544-7692
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Multiport injection 14 May 2023 19:07 #3

• MikeL
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok, thanks. Maybe I will go ahead and sign up and get the kit. Life being as it is, not sure when I will contact you, but Just having the material on the DVD will help as well.

• Page: