Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff)

Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff) 04 Jan 2016 00:20 #13

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
US Army chant said while doing a 5 mile run with full pack and gear:

I DON'T KNOW BUT I'VE BEEN TOLD-- A SEALS'S BUTT'S SMOOTH AND MIGHTY COLD!!

I'm not sure, but if you made friends with the Seal, and gave it sardines every day, for about 2 weeks or so...... :side: :blink: :pinch:

If you were speaking about the Fitch's hardware, hoses or fittings... this one has very good screw in end fittings, 90 degree angle. They use an o-ring to seal to the case, and the fuel injection hoses are factory crimped on the fittings. Very high quality stuff. The instructions mentioned a clamp part to secure it, but it was missing. I just happened to have that open top metal box in the engine bay, left from when it held the HAFC stainless electrolyzer tank, and the Fitch sits in the box nicely, plus the supplied hoses were just the right length to splice to existing fuel line.

Grant Goldade gave this to me, so it only cost 4 bucks for one brass fitting adapter to the existing fuel line. The Fitch is pretty expensive, so I've never bought one. I'm starting to think the inline one like mine is better since the fuel is treated heavily with so much surface area in this big canister, just before it hits the carb. For a fuel injected system, many have a return line to the tank, so if the Fitch is installed before the fuel press. regulator. Then you would have circulation, so eventually all the gas is treated and re-treated. I Think I recall reading this invention goes back to WW2, somebody in the RAF came up with this to fix inferior gasoline in the field to protect aircraft gasoline engines like the Merlin's in the Spitfire. The Fitch has been around for years now, so it seems it's proven.

Anyhow, so far Subie seems to like it! It has a long high miles service life spec, so could transfer to a replacement car later. Think I also read it can work on different fuels other than gasoline, too.

Going out on a limb w/ this, Karl... I wonder, if a Fitch is used on the fuel line, and then you somehow feed a reservoir to the HCS, off the fuel line after the Fitch. Maybe the HCS would work better?

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff) 04 Jan 2016 00:30 #14

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I checked out the price and yes its expensive. Over $200 for the unit. :blink:
If it works in treating fuel, which it seems to do, then in the long run it would be a benefit
to any vehicle.
Let me know about the MPG results when they come in.
Karl

Fitch fuel Catalyst? (Other Stuff) 14 Jan 2016 19:49 #15

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Last nite, I put 8 gallons of brand X cheapo 85 Octane gas in Subie, in a nearly empty tank. No additives, no MPGR, or Lucas. As a sort of test of one of the Fitch's claims to improve low Octane gas. Performance is down a bit, but I subjectively think it runs better than if the Fitch was not there. I normally avoid poor quality gas like this. I'm not even tracking mileage now, as I have one size larger diameter studded snow tires on, that alone skews the #'s. It's a wet cold winter here this year. I wonder if Canada would be a nice Vacation destination now? :P :lol:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: