Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Plasma Jet Ignition

Plasma Jet Ignition 12 May 2013 22:59 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Ok folks here's a 'lil vid of the kind of spark you can get with a Plasma Jet Ignition mod. I bought the Ignition Secrets download from Aaron Murakami 2 yrs ago. Left it alone then dug into it a few months ago.

I wound up re-doing the Primary side of Subaru's ignition, with a GM HEI module. First 2 died from heat, then I used a computer fan cooled heat sink to mount a new HEI module to firewall. Most of the details of that are in my Ignition and the Groove post here.

Also added an MSD Streetfire 5520 CDI box, w/ an MSD tach adapter to keep my ECM happy. Added Torquemaster plugs from ExtremeSpark.com. Then Granatelli MPG+ plug wire set from JCWhitney.

A diode block setup and HV wiring as per the Igniton Secrets info pkg finished it up. I tried to pay attention to details, there were several.

Resulting spark w/ the Plasma setup is something Else. Others have shown that this type spark grows in stregnth/intensity under compression conditions similar to in an actual engine. This means that you actually want a lower-output CDI to drive it. Streetfire5520 is just 95 millijoules, about smallest around I think. I can supply details to other Gadgetfolk of doing this on a dist. ignition engine. Coil on plug and coilpack type ignitions would be different in some ways.

I recommend to anyone else wanting to get this kind of spark output to buy the Ignition Secrets download by Aaron Murakami first. Took me a while to understand it enough to do this, I'm not a real electronics/electrical theory guy.

Keep Groovin' and sparkin' too!
:woohoo: :evil:

Tracy G Ps sorry cant seem to upload video will try again later! rats :oops:
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: video!

Plasma Jet Ignition 15 May 2013 01:21 #2

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
Tracy,

Great ideas and you've definitely 'sparked' my interest. Haha, couldn't help myself. Seriously though, I'll be looking into this hopefully this summer if i'm not overwhelmed by groove requests. Its amazing what a 40 cent spike in gas prices will do for interest in what we are doing.

Thanks for keeping us informed of your progress, this is definitely something to work on for those of us that will be keeping our vehicles till the wheels fall off.

Ken

Plasma Jet Ignition 24 May 2013 01:40 #3

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 8
@Tracy: I would love to know your results. Any HP increase and fuel mileage increase? Would love to hear some feedback. Very exciting to hear about this.

Plasma Jet Ignition 24 May 2013 18:50 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Juan, well there's a definite power increase. MPG seems flat, so far. I'm still trying to understand what seema like a surge, that sorta comes and goes. I increased the fuel press. to 3 psi from 1.5 on regulator. Didnt have the surge before the Plasma.

Or it might be OEM cat's clogging up, or a fuel filt, or pump?? but seems a bit too co-incedental, only really surfaced w/ Plasma. I dunno yet. I did have one strong incedent of a power loos on a hill a week before I got the Plasma going, so...?

This car is ALWAYS doing something, I tell ya! Now that I can Groove and can produce Plasma Jet Ignition (thanks Ron and Aaron Murakami) I'd like to have something more modern to work with! B)

BTW, Juan how is it going w/ your ride?

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Plasma Jet Ignition 27 May 2013 01:54 #5

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 8
@Tracy:

Still have not capped off the vacuum line on my Mazda Tribute. I have been really busy. Going to school and working full time. Of course taking care of my newborn son. I still will not give up on that though. Just delayed. But some good news I will be grooving my 1996 Ford Taurus. I already took care of the vacuum line from the intake manifold on it.

Plasma Jet Ignition 27 May 2013 18:49 #6

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Congrats on the New Addition to your Family, Juan! :woohoo:

BTW, did you notice any difference on the Taurus from capping the PCV vac?

I and others have!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Plasma Jet Ignition 27 May 2013 18:54 #7

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Congrats on the New Addition to your Family, Juan! :woohoo:

BTW, did you notice any difference on the Taurus from capping the PCV vac?

I and others have!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Plasma Jet Ignition 10 Oct 2014 23:16 #8

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Today I got an email from Aaron Murakami w/ links to some cool mods to his '98 Subaru, Aaron is the author of Ignition Secrets, a download pkg. of info to build a Plasma Ignition mod. This youtube vid is him showing with/without Plasma mod on his ignition. He has here already upgraded to an MSD coil pack and MSD ignition box. Just thought folks might enjoy seeing this, plus an example of this major ignition upgrade on a DIS ignition. B)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Plasma Jet Ignition 11 Oct 2014 19:30 #9

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tracy,
Its guys like this that make life easier for thousands seeking better gas mileage and power.
Cheers to his efforts and the success so far.
He seems like the kind of guy who keeps searching for answers and tries until he finds success.
One thing that makes me think that is the magnets he has on the air intake hose and the coolant line.
Really, the coolant line? :dry: Who knows, maybe there is something to it beyond my logical thinking.
My hours of research on this turned up no real support for success with magnets. Just stories here and there to the positive but wondering the credibility of those stories seeing the idea has not taken off in the mainstream of MPG fanatics.
Did he communicate to you his MPG gains? Is there other mods beside this that he incorporates?
Karl

Plasma Jet Ignition 11 Oct 2014 22:22 #10

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
hi Karl. Aaron hasn't directly communicated w/ me since my Plasma build, there is/was a support section in Energetic Forum Custom - Energetic Forum for the Plasma builders/experimenters using Aaron's download pkg
and he jumped in there and helped me. Aaron and Peter Lindemann put on a science symposium in Coer d' Alene Idaho each June, and Ron was a scheduled speaker at the 2012 conference. I had previously bought some info downloads from Aaron and Peter and so got the email late in 2011 announcing the conference, and a description of Ron and the Groove was in this announcement. That's how I learned of Ron and the Groove- and I nearly deleted the email!

Ron went to the conference, did a great job as a speaker there, and proceeded to do I think about 40 Groove jobs while there, there is a series of 9 youtube vids of Ron doing his thing at an outside table, and having fun too- these are on Ron's Gadgetman Global youtube channel. Ron Grooved Aaron's '98 Subaru beforehand and there is a vid. where Ron and Aaron discuss the Groove results on the Subaru.

No Aaron hasn't shared his MPG's w/ me. And he has the Groove, the Plasma Ignition mod as the vid shows him putting together, and the other things like the magnets. Aaron and Peter have A&P Electronic Publishing, they put out a download called Magnet Secrets a few yrs ago. They have put out a bunch of great science/tech stuff over the years, I really like them. Basic to esoteric stuff. Very smart guys! ;)

And I gotta add- these kind of mods are like frosting on the cake- the Cake has to be fully baked first- THEN you put the frosting on! LOL :P (get it)...

I agree, Aaron has shared and sold (cheaply IMHO) a ton of great useful info we can use. His Subaru is Grooved and in another of these vid's he shows his version of a PCV re-route using a large water filter housing w/silica beads as a scrubber for the crankcase gas, he's got a beefy Plasma Ignition,a monster alternator, plus other tricks I don't know about. His Subaru is a newer analogy to mine.

I would say that anything we see on this Subaru of his is backed up by sound theory, he's actually kinda skeptical I think. I recommend the Energetic forum, Aaron is the Moderator there, some heavy folks post in there, much of what's there goes over my head...

Bake first, then frost! :lol:

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: