Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trying some water w/ my Plasma Jet Ignition

Trying some water w/ my Plasma Jet Ignition 15 Jun 2013 23:05 #13

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes Ron.
I capped the PVC hose coming out of the intake manifold with a bolt with a clamp around it to make sure it doesnt come out even though the bolt is tight. I rerouted the PVC hose to the air intake before the TB as suggested. The pic is the first below showing the reroute.

As far as the TB inspection, I do appreciate your concern for groovers to do the groove properly for best results and your efforts for groovers success. But I only have one now so cant send it off. The pic may show a clean even cut but the bit doesnt lock in and there is too much play in some areas past the red zone in the manual.
I didnt do another cut and take the time since I didnt experience the HP I heard should be immediate even though the cut is not the best. So I was under the impression that a unclean cut would not be the problem for no immediate HP increase. Was going to fill and cut again to improve the groove and performance after I found the reason for no HP(vac leak?).
The pic of the groove is in the second pic though it does not show the lack of a tight fit for the bit.
I wish the answer was just regrooving again cleaner and see the HP and MPG increase immediatly.
Would rather be a complete bonehead missing the first step of proper grooving than having to go through the nonsense of finding an issue on a jungle that takes an expert to understand.

[/color][/b]

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by . Reason: Insert Images

Trying some water w/ my Plasma Jet Ignition 16 Jun 2013 12:10 #14

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I have taken the time to build a site on Diagnostics which I will recommend to anyone who wants to know their engines better, but without all the fancy talk most mechanics tend to resort to. Most say it's quite understandable. If you haven't been to the Diagnostics site , go there now.

I hope I have made it clear that there are some engines (intake systems more correctly) that are designed in such a way as to break down the wave created by The Groove, reducing or (in rare cases) eliminating the gains.

Since I don't believe that is the case, I only mention it here because I have been wrong before, and no doubt will be again and it is something worth considering.

The Diagnostics should be approached in an orderly, step by step manner. The first thing I would check in this case would be the exhaust. Check the exhaust for proper valve functioning. If the valves are sticky, that qualifies as a vacuum leak and many times I have seen this, once properly addressed, show truly impressive results where before there were none.

So, go through the Diagnostics site beginning with the first post and reading every word, watching every video. You are certain to learn a LOT! In that knowledge, you will find your power.

Ron

PS: If you did not seal the threads with some silicone or something else suitable, there may be a leak there. Please apply a sealant and then tighten the clamp. It would have been far better (and more reliable!) to simply use a cap.

Last edit: by . Reason: Add Post Script

Trying some water w/ my Plasma Jet Ignition 08 Jul 2013 22:47 #15

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tracy.
Got the Misifyer about 2 weeks ago. Tried it and it seems like there is no difference in the HP or gas mileage.
Batting zero so far with my attempts on both issues.
Have a few people asking my about my success with the groove and its embarrassing to tell them the problems with not getting the results . Maybe its a vacuum leak I cant find so dont know whether buying a vacuum test from Harbor Frieght should be my next step.
Was thinking about an HHO system. Here is a video on how to make one. Did you make your own or purchase it? Do you see results with the HP and MPG with your HHO unit?
I have seen kits for sale but the prices are high and they are complicated and finding space to
install them is a problem. Is your HHO system similar to the one below and would you recommend this set up?

Trying some water w/ my Plasma Jet Ignition 09 Jul 2013 01:50 #16

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Karl PLEASE don't buy or install any HHO unit made from Glass Jars/Bottles. Mine was made from stainless steel in a factory. It has helped a bit, nothing like the Groove.

Sorry the Mistifyer didn't work for you, I wish I'd never mentioned it now. Think I'm gonna send mine back. Von the Inventor is a Really pleasant chap, maybe it does OK on big engines, I dunno. I inly tried it because of my advanced ignition system. If I go back to anything else ingesting water it needs to be more like humidity not water. I need to ask him if it needs further adjustments.

Sorry your ride still has issues. Yes you need a vacuum guage, and a vacuum pump is a good tool as well. Might look for a used TB at a boneyard, bolt it in, if it runs OK, you could take Ron up on his offer.

I'm Very Adventurous w/ car stuff, I look at new/fringe stuff a lot. Some cars are just frustrating and stubborn w/ the Groove. If it's digging in it's heels and won't budge, then you're still in diagnostics Land. Maybe the Intake Gaskets are leaking, something still is not right.

Throwing gizmo's at an engine hoping for miracle results does not usually work (ask Me how I know). It takes good sound science for results.
The Groove does/can work. but it's like Dance Lessons--not much good with a sprained ankle.

Don't mean to be un-kind w/ this, but truth is truth.

Investigate, analyze then act. ;)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: