Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.

TOPIC: Get Grooved by mail

Get Grooved by mail 28 Jun 2016 14:39 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
As an experienced Gadgetman, I've decided to offer my service as a Certified License Gadgetman, to people wanting to get the Groove done for their engine. I've always been available for this, at least for over three years. I'm just posting here to make it more visible.

The Gadgetman Groove works, when skillfully applied. This requires not just cutting a proper Groove, but also understanding certain basics of engine and vehicle dynamics. I was personally trained by the founder Ron Hatton in early 2012.

I sense frustration from folks trying to contact Gadgetman headquarters. The Site is up, we're still here. The website still needs updating, with outdated contact info and dead links. I'm doing this to help keep this thing alive. It's alive and kicking, Ron Hatton is still around, but he can't upload much right now.

So, I can do the Groove by mail, where you contact me, then send your throttle body to me by mail. I Groove it, and mail it back to you, with included instructions. My prices are modest, I'm not trying to get rich here!

As far as the PL kits go, we have new improved custom Gadgetman super Bits, with the Training and info package available for $400.00. You can once again become a Gadgetman!

MY contact info: Tracy Gallaway This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 775 544-7692 Reno Nevada

IN CANADA: contact Greg Kusiak in Ontario, email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

and, Please--no junk, spam, or ridiculous stuff!! :angry: :)

thank you!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: more stuff

Get Grooved by mail 29 Jun 2016 12:41 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Plus one karma for this.
Tracy has been here since pretty much the beginning, and is quarterbacking the cause in Ron's absence, with his approval.
Since buying your own bits is out of the question for the time being and foreseeable future, Tracy's the only active Gadgetperson out there that I'm aware of with the complete set of bits and Training from the master himself. Heck, he even coached and advised me through my own groove job on my daily driver to great success (see my 2007 Buick Rendezvous thread). I heartily recommend and endorse him to groove your...whatever. He knows the stuff.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Get Grooved by mail 29 Jun 2016 15:28 #3

• bRry Augustine
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 1
Then Tracy lets explain after you do groove
Start it and go then what how do you manipulate the accelerator too get the actual effects your suppose too get groove
Example tell us how too drive correctly with groove ,too see it being effective too you .
For me I'm looking for gas mileage and aka efficiency, more powerfull clean running :side: engine that's automatic
Right?.

C

Get Grooved by mail 29 Jun 2016 15:53 #4

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Hey barry -
From my own experience, there's a range just off idle where you can feel engine power much more than you had prior to grooving. The trick, as I'm learning, is to drive in that range as much as possible for optimum benefit. For my 4 speed automatic transmission, it's often deciding between 3rd&4th cruising around...thats the efficiency (and trick), keeping in or as close to the groove as you can all the time depending on what's required.

You'll feel it as you drive. And you feel it in a throttle setting on a push mower too. Plus the easier starting, faster warm up and cleaner smelling air/exhaust. I'm even thinking of tackling a snow blower that runs super rich and stinky.

Where do you live?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Get Grooved by mail 29 Jun 2016 23:24 #5

• Jack
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Gentlemen

nice to learn about this process and hear and view some of the success stories.

I wonder if Mr Gadgetman is alright.

Is there no way I can get to learn this process?

Awaiting for answers..

Get Grooved by mail 30 Jun 2016 05:54 #6

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
You learn the process by watching the videos and reading on this forum.
Application of the knowledge can be partially achieved: no special tools are needed to add air pressure to your tires, up-gap your spark plugs or re-route the PCV system as required. All of those, in combination with altering your driving technique to prevent "jackrabbit" starts, conserve momentum and be as smooth and efficient as possible are part of the lead-up to having the Groove applied.
Unfortunately, until bits become available again, you will have to go to a Gadgetman or send one of them your throttle bodies for the main mod to be performed.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack

Get Grooved by mail 30 Jun 2016 07:04 #7

• bRry Augustine
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Hey y'all have you seen headlines from today the la area
a go cart out runs cops gets away first thing I thought was the groove
As far as Ron I'm sent him a message today its been two months
Since I last talk

As far as driving your car with the groove
I think your suppose too drive like granny or a hyper miler driving real slow throttle just a tiny bit until you feel it grooving ,now you know in the groove it picks up speed you start grooving bye the other cars but your holding the accelerator steady or juggle it a bit it there literally barely touch the accelerator it moves you smoothly along where every body else is hitting the gas your not, so much, is how I think its working.

grooving it does a list of things its a trip

Last edit: by bRry Augustine .

Get Grooved by mail 30 Jun 2016 09:16 #8

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
I'm pretty sure Ron will be Unreachable for a while, Barry. I wouldn't expect a reply in the near future, but anything can happen. (And it often does)

I wouldn't call it driving like a granny, I'd call it driving deliberately. It's more a matter of having power and needing a very specific set of conditions when you can and should use it...like having an arsenal of nuclear bombs. extreme analogy, but I think you get my point.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Get Grooved by mail 30 Jun 2016 09:50 #9

• Jack
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 0
Yeah watching the videos and all I kinda get the idea.
I am just wondering how special is that "BIT"

I pretty much a hands on type so I wouldn't mind giving this a shot.

Hopefully I can become a Groover soon...

Thanks.

Get Grooved by mail 30 Jun 2016 10:21 #10

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Ron stumbled into -maybe that's not the best way to put it, but for lack of anything better, I'm going to run with it- a design that effectively creates a rather specific airflow pattern. You can poke around here on the forum and look into vortices and Reynolds number and how automotive sensors report to the computer etc, and then try and find a way to accomplish the same thing, but short of buying a Gadgetman groove bit set, your best bet is to mail in a throttle body to a Gadgetman like Tracy for modification, or find one local to you who will put a groove on for you.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Last edit: by GregK. Reason: correcting my phone's autocorrect

Get Grooved by mail 30 Jun 2016 10:24 #11

• bRry Augustine
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Only specially trained bye Ron can bring you in Ron is a guy I meet
Listening too internet talk radio rumor mill network show a host had got her car grooved she had Ron on as a guest too explain and spread the word about the web site at the time was called

Coolcarmods.com
That was 2010 June he mentioned his hho thing his addiction and the groove what else
Anyway , this world is so negative when a positive person comes along trying too escape the devil
In my word is not easy and you have too keep the faith and talk too others who have faith in you no matter what, they do too help you follow the right path keep the demons out of your way
I feel he just got tired of all negativity and so on its all out there for you distract you
Life and confusing you with the madness and games people play .

in these times how many people/beings are working against a positive smiling helpfull guy who is all the way out there saying hey I'm American fuc with me ill try make your car engine run better as a side job ? This site erased things I'm writing its very stress full stop please with sugar on top

Last edit: by bRry Augustine .

Get Grooved by mail 30 Jun 2016 11:41 #12

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
I had a few brief emails with Ron when he showed back up earlier this year/late last year, and I agree with your assessment of his faith, positivity and optimism. I hope, as it seems you do as well Barry, that we can continue to be ambassadors of these qualities and attributes and the Groove itself in Ron's absence.
Me, I know this series of modifications work from first hand experience: I just got back from running a crosstown errand and at best my fuel economy readout in my car was reporting 4.4L/100km (53MPG), and averaged 5.2 (45MPG). There was even one point on a slight downhill grade it was saying 3.2, which is in the neighbourhood of 65MPG. and my fill ups confirm my mileage is up/consumption is down, and my nose tells me my tailpipe is clean.
It's up to us to lead the way forward.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile