Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.

TOPIC: Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 16 Nov 2016 19:58 #1

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
This concept has been mentioned in a few threads around here, and I've done some looking into it...not that I've come up with any solid answers (the more of us who try and report back will add to a body of evidence/pool of data...)

However: I've found a bad pdf scan of a supposed scientific paper poorly translated from Chinese that shows positive results in making the viscosity and surface tension of hydrocarbon fuels drop. I'm not sure what effect lower viscosity has on fuel economy, but lower surface tension lends itself to better/easier atomization/vapourization...and we tend to believe around here that makes for higher fuel economy.

Another thing I've learned is that there is a right and wrong way to put these on your fuel line. The poles of the magnets have to be fighting against each other as the fuel passes by them - so aim your magnet's poles INTO the stream of fuel passing by them, or the fuel flow is perpendicular to the field lines between the magnets.

Now, if you're concerned about magnetic fields in your engine bay messing with various sensors/motors/actuators, you may want to check into and ponder this:
Halbach Arrays
If it's good enough to control maglev bullet trains and particle accelerators, surely mere gasoline will be no problem.

Alright, that's all I know so far, so get out there and try it out!
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 16 Nov 2016 21:07 #2

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Greg,

I also did much research on this and found basically nothing.
Found some that swear by it and most said no difference(wrong application in polarity?).
I even tried it myself with two powerful 2" neodymium magnets strapped on my fuel line(reverse polarity and non reverse also)with no results. Also put them in my fuel ionizer to get the desired effect with copper as the video shows below thinking that the force exerted between the two would somehow break the bond between the fuel molecules(my personal application).
I did find somewhere where they said that the old fuel formula did react to magnets because of blah blah blah(dont recall reason, think it was at kind of oil the gas was derived from) and that it is basically useless on todays fuel because of the oil used. But then again, I remember seeing Murakami or whatever the plasma spark guys name is, he had them on his air intake when explaining about the plasma spark.
I noticed the magnets as he was explaining the spark and noticed it was on the air intake but never found him giving a yeah or nay on the results seeing that was not what his video was focusing on.
Maybe he has something noted on his magnet use?

PS. Also found out thru trial and error that you cant heat these magnets up to high temps.
It destroys the magnetic force they have rendering them useless.

Last edit: by Karl411.

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 16 Nov 2016 22:42 #3

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Interesting stuff, Greg. In the HAFC kit I installed 9 years ago was a magnet/fuel line heater combo thing, I can't say it did much good either.

My only example of magnets doing useful work on an engine, was something I experienced 20 years or so ago. This guy brought his mid-70's Dodge 4x4 truck to me for tuneup work. It was a real beast, he had a rebuilt 440 with a blower in it. Anyhow, he had put one of the cheapie fuel line magnets that were around then on the fuel line. He claimed that using the magnet allowed him to run off brand Regular gas in this blown 440. I drove it, and it ran like the proverbial Bat outta he#*. It didn't ping, or detonate under heavy throttle. He swore up and down by the el-cheapo fuel line magnet.

Other than that, I have no other positive input about magnets. It does sound positive, the real world is what counts, IMHO. Now, I gotta say, Greg, you've had such great success with everything so far- and Wendy seems so cooperative. If you can get a magnet setup, might just as well try it.

I think you're saying, to have like to like polarity facing in to the gas flow, as in Positive facing Positive, for example, right? I seem to recall magnet kits having zip ties provided, to hold the magnets in place, since they will want to repel each other?

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: more stuff

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 17 Nov 2016 20:52 #4

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Karl - that magnet company's website is full of all sorts of gems, including the high temperature warning. fantastic stuff if you poke around there if you're into that kind of stuff like me.
And yes, in addition to the Plasma Ignition, Aaron Murakami is into anything that might save fuel/the environment/improve efficiency. he has his Magnetizer products not only on the fuel line and air intake, but on the cooling systems as well IIRC.

Tracy - yes indeed I may just make up a bunch of those Halbach Arrays to test on my Wendy...when I come up with the $150 or so the parts (not including zip ties) will cost from them (I hope their designer gets a cut of that). and yeah, make the magnets repel each other is the key, apparently...make the flow steady in 2 of the 3 axes and I'd bet the kinetic energy from the pulses of the fuel pump hitting the injectors (3rd axis, Z) would at least make atomization optimal...but that's just speculation...lol
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 01 Dec 2016 20:03 #5

• bRry Augustine
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 1
Yeah I was talking too a guy named thunder NO T bolt off a Craigslist list post O C COUNTY
; And so he was telling me about fuel is clustered up when its pumped in your tank and when you put magnets everywhere like fuel lines tank pump etc. Then does its magic OF de cluSTERING your gas and SO it stretches it out so you get more out of it. Hopefully , that made sense? I may not be using the best words but the idea is poly true. This guy was doing your. Car ofF Craigslist advertising boost in gAS mileage real deal I think. I bullshirted around lost contact with him ,he also told me about o2 sensor modification gotta get it up high off the spot where it sits higher up if I'm remembering correctly. He was putting a fuel cell on your car installed off ad on Craigslist....

He was super cool BUSY COUULD. ONLLY TALK FOR. A LLIL WHILLE I LOV PEOOPLE LIKE THAThere was sounding big big time like he was putting Some work re doing your car and all that for hundreds ON UP .
I THINK IT ALL. AMAZING THAT THERE. CAR WORLD :kiss:

Last edit: by bRry Augustine . Reason: WHO NOS

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 03 Dec 2016 08:23 #6

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for all the interest in this.

Following in the vein of the GEET "fuel processor", and integrating the principles of magnetic field theory (all these people can't be wrong, can they?) I am working on my own version of a fuel processor that incorporates the principles of toroidal fields as created by the Gadgetman Groove.

I call it the "Phoenix Fuel Processor" and t should be equally effective on both gasoline and diesel. After all, the way they altered the fuel chemistry for the gasoline market they MUST have applied to diesel as well. I would if I were them!

Anyway, a select few of the men (three in the entire world) have been entrusted with my initial drawings and have instructions to do what they can to see ALL these technologies delivered to the widest possible population if something should happen to me.

The insights I've gleaned after some forty years of investigations and research have turned up some interesting items. Some of these have already been released through the Gadgetman network.

Pay attention to the posts here!

Dig deep!

Dig OFTEN!

Every day simple solutions to complex problems are arriving here, and will STAY here so long as I-or my inner circle-draw breath.

Keep experimenting, and (most importantly!) KEEP POSTING YOUR FINDINGS HERE!!! I read them ALL, and take much of them into consideration, using them to direct my research where appropriate.

God bless you all, and keep up the good work!

Gadgetman

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 03 Dec 2016 20:39 #7

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Nice to see you again Ron.
Always waiting for bits of info that can help.

Greg,
Here is some more to chew on if you have not already been here.
The references below is where there is much to see.
Amazing that there are so many patents with magnets and fuel and yet it doesnt work?
Either it did at one time(or maybe still does if done right) or all these people
are delusional.
Something wrong with this picture. :unsure:

Air fuel magnetizer - HRICAK; RICHARD Z.

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 04 Dec 2016 16:02 #8

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Here's a link I found in a simple web search that says less fuel gets consumed when exposed to a strong magnetic field, especially at high engine RPM ranges, but the tradeoff is an increase in CO2 emissions:

This one seems to confirm those results:

This study seems to indicate that gasoline passed through a magnetic field experiences a drop in viscosity, which results in greater run time for a given amount of fuel:

This one says that HC and CO content in exhaust drops over time to very steady levels when gasoline is exposed to magnetic fields:

except for the first study, all of these (as you say Karl) show that adding magnets to a fuel line increase engine efficiency and decrease emissions in measurable ways.

The more I research this and learn about it, the more sold I get on trying it on my own vehicle. Surely it's a complex proposition as to the results, as every engine and every fuel formulation is different, but if it means I spend less at the pumps, go farther and hurt the ecosystem less, I'm doing something right. That's an ideal we should all aspire to as far as I'm concerned, and you wouldn't be here having this dialog with us if you didn't feel the same.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl411

Last edit: by GregK.

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 04 Dec 2016 21:09 #9

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Nice research Greg!
I bet all these people are just lying/delusional.
Like I mentioned, can all these patents and videos be just bunk from
those who have an agenda or no concept on reality?
But here is the rub.
I have read thru numerous patents and listened to many videos in the past and
have seen conflicts on application.
Remember more than one patent that states the line must be exposed to the south
side of the magnets while others say the north and others say both on opposite
sides. So who is right? Do they all have some effect but one application has more
success than the others?
Many claim the same concept of the magnets rearranging the molecules in an order
that makes combustion more efficient. But this could be the problem with people,
they just keep repeating what they heard instead of what they know from scientific
research or actual experience. Who knows if that is true and does it really matter?
The bottom line, does it work!
I have seen the same with oil pulling. Most say you have to swish for 20 minutes. Why?
Because they have read that others say that so they repeat it.

What I dont want to do is spend time banging my head against the wall.
I will gladly follow someones success and give them the credit than try
dozens of wrong ways to do something with only frustration for my efforts.
Been there with HCS with probably over two dozen arrangements with that system
with no long term benefits.
Had visions of grandeur with only seconds of nirvana for my hours of toil.
Been there, done that.
So have you seen the prevailing wisdom/common denominator with the magnet application?
Type, size, polarity?
Inquiring minds want to know.
The jury is still out on my research.

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 05 Dec 2016 10:45 #10

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
I believe the only common denominator is that the direction of fuel flow must be perpendicular to the field lines of the magnetic array.
The picture I have in my mind's eye of that is of a thin stream passing through a comb-like filter apparatus. (is it cruicial for the field to be WIDER than the stream -for unavoidability- I wonder?) what I've noted in all of that is that the field itself has to be fairly strong (4k Gauss and above) for optimal results...so again, will a weaker but larger magnetic field compared to the "size" of the fuel stream yield the same results? this brings up a need for research of energy density pre/post the magnetic array with regards to efficiency and emissions of an ICE...but I've not the time for that. Trial and error it is!
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 05 Dec 2016 16:40 #11

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok. Lets start there.
Below is just one of the many videos I viewed over the last two years on magnets.
Gave it up for a year because of seeing no results but after listening to many more videos
again and much more reading, I'm ready to try again.
You know the ole sayin': If at first you dont succeed, fail fail again. ;)
Seems like I'm consumed with this MPG stuff.
It boils me to see these elite globalist devils put billions of people under their control
with these junk computerized heaps they force the car companies to make to control what
MPGs we can get to keep us buying their products. Rant-rant!!! :angry:

What I have found as a common denominator also is that when the details are given on
placement of the magnets, they must be polarity opposing. Meaning that it must be
north/north or south/south on the fuel line so the polarity fights the other magnet.
Magnets only adhere on a N/S opposing polarity.
Here are two videos to watch if you havent already.
The first stresses the opposing polarity and the second just give more credence to the success of the magnets used. Both seem to have the cross application I think you were pointing out.

This one deals with strange types of magnets that are used in other countries.
Norse and Souse magnets is what this guy is using. :P

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 05 Dec 2016 18:13 #12

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
One thing I remember about using magnets on the fuel line is it must be over nonmetallic hose, and as close to the injector rail as possible.

I've sen info on other uses of magnets, one involved passing wine thru the magnetic field a certain way. The researchers said this would make cheap wines much better tasting. Never tried it myself.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV