Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.

TOPIC: Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 05 Dec 2016 20:43 #13

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
I thought it was non-MAGNETIC fuel lines...like aluminum. I think that's what a good deal of cars are using these days.

That first video: the minivan had the hard drive magnets perpendicular to the axis of travel in the 2 other axes. I wonder if that amplifies the field/effect? what if he arranged all 4 magnets in a square around the fuel line at the same location rather than staggered?

Another thing I wonder is: if magnets do indeed reduce viscosity of fuel, how do fuel pressure regulators and fuel pumps react?

I'm sorely tempted to build those magnet arrays I linked to at the top of this thread, not just at the fuel rail inlet, but also post fuel pump. Rest assured I'll report back with my findings.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 05 Dec 2016 21:06 #14

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Lucky you to be able to access the fuel rail to secure them to.
Took off my manifold with TB a week ago and still couldnt access the rail unless I removed another few hoses connected to coolant and other places.
Didnt want to go too far and find out I couldnt put it back without being stranded without a vehicle and needed to run to auto parts store.
I long for the day to purchase a carburated vehicle again. I hate these chipped vehicles.

Been doing some research on which magnets would encompass, with strength, the line I would secure them to for another college try. Maybe the first set were not powerful or a large enough area covered and maybe not arranged correctly.

Last edit: by Karl411.

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 05 Dec 2016 23:34 #15

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
There is an underlying element that few people consider, and that is the magnetic field of the molecules within the gasoline itself.

The larger, heavier molecules (the "Waste Fuel") are more stable-i.e. happier being what they are-than the higher level hydrocarbons, which are so excittable in amy environment, they seek a higher state of being. In other words, they want to be vapor, not liquid.

If a proper magnetic field is created and the fuel-ALL of the constituent compounds within the various formulae we call "gasoline"-then teh higher level HC's will tend to blend with the heavier, forcing a level of enlightenment if you will upon the lower level.

Kinda like the way someone with genuine Joy will brightens the moods of everyone within a room when they enter. It is the closeness that brigns about the change.

Just like with the magneticc field forcing a closeness onto these normally separate things.

So long as you are considering the ENTIRE equation, you stand a much greater chance of finding an ENTIRE solution (or a portion thereof!). With only a PIEVE of the equation, you can only find a piece of the answer.

I hope this helps with your search!

Keep driving home!

Ron
:blink:

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 06 Dec 2016 13:48 #16

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Hey Ron - Thanks for that reminder! It's easy to overlook that key point when scanning the research for end results...

speaking of end results, I got in touch with the magnet place I linked to at the top of the thread, asking what typical field strength in Gauss is for one of the arrays in that link. They say EACH of those 5 magnet arrays, when properly constructed, have a surface field strength of between 7-8 THOUSAND Gauss. I forget which of the last pdfs discusses emissions vs field strength, but this is the range where gains/efficiencies top out. I've ordered enough of their material to construct 4 arrays (they have a special on right now) so that I can test various configurations.

Now, in the comments of the YouTube video of the Grand Caravan that Karl posted, the guy who made that video tried the same thing on a newer GM car and got an engine light that disappeared when he took the magnets away. It didn't describe the code, but I wouldn't be surprised if it pertained to fuel injectors being out of whack: they might not be able to pulse in short enough duration (with lower viscosity fuel) to keep the o2 sensors happy...or something along those lines...

Regardless, I think it would be important to do an engine re-learn once the magnets are applied: fueling changes cause dynamics changes...
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 06 Dec 2016 18:52 #17

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
In my own way, I agree with what Ron said above. My restating of his comment might be: "Need to focus on details, but try to keep the broad picture in view as well"

Someone elsewhere once said:"Don't lose the forest in the trees!"

anyhow, I'll follow along on this thread and watch as you guys play 'round w/ the Magnet thing. I've thought of this stuff before, my initial idea was to use some kind of strong electromagnet. Thinking that the strongest magnetic field might come from a powered electromagnet. But I haven't done any work or research on this one.

It would be Very Good to have yet another effective weapon in the Arsenal. :evil: Especially if it was simple, proven reliable, and not expensive.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway. Reason: more stuff

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 13 Dec 2016 17:18 #18

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Greg,

Didnt know if you scanned thru the link I gave you but the patent has pics for his application.
What I found interesting was that he not only put magnets on both air and fuel intake but that there were no opposing magnets on each line and the strength was only 1100 gauss.
His application is opposite of what is stated in the videos since only one magnet is used on each line. You can see the description on page 4 under "Example" but the pics on page one and two show his application.
Another thing I found strange is he also applied them to the exhaust.
Hmmmmmm...thinking what kind of magnets can he use with such temps?
Heard of high heat magnets but why exhaust unless obsessed with CO and NOX levels?

Air fuel magnetizer

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 13 Dec 2016 17:43 #19

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
I didn't notice that, Karl. Thank you. EDIT: the patent said AT LEAST 1500 Gauss, higher is preferable. The Halbach arrays from the link in my first post are somewhere north of 7000 according to that manufacturer.
The Magnetizer products Aaron Murakami advocates go on fuel, air and coolant systems IIRC, and they appear to only be one magnet as well, with no mention of field strength. Exhaust is new...heat is definitely an issue there.
Given that there has been quite a bit of research into this, my feeling is that there is some sort of benefit to applying them. To optimize their application remains a trial and error proposition, it seems, so what works for me might not for you and visa versa. So this might prove to be part of the Zen of Auto Tuning.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Last edit: by GregK.

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 13 Dec 2016 20:02 #20

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Guys, I gotta say something here.

ALL mods and aftermarket gizmos and things, are fine and dandy. My Subie has several. Different gizmos and trick mods can do wonderful things, like our favorite Groove... :P

But...the basics need dealt with too. Poor Karl still has some ghost in his machine.

The difference between cars and rockets is- Rockets have the unfortunate habit, of Exploding if everything isn't right. Cars will usually keep running, even if not at the best possible.

IF you are a Rocket Scientist, you can talk of and design all kinds of wonderful fantastic Satellites to put into space. But if the bird fireballs on the pad or in the sky, well... :blush: :blink: :pinch:

Once you have a machine that runs consistently without problems, THEN mods can work wonders. Until then,
you are still at Square One. Sorry, it had to be said again.

The Bright side is: We aren't the homebuilt Manned Space Exploration Vehicle club!

( Tracy ducks as things are thrown...)

FIX IT FIRST!!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 14 Dec 2016 20:00 #21

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
this is it exactly, making sure it's the best it can be before trying to make it better. Just like pre-groove prep: no point in experimenting unless you have a benchmark to go from, the control in the experiment.

I'm not looking at this because the low consumption numbers I achieved have gone out the window with cold weather extended warm-ups and winter gas; I'm looking to see if I can get back closer to them, and then possibly surpass them in the spring...even out my seasonal variations, so to speak.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 20 Mar 2017 04:04 #22

• Vernie
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 12
For most people using magnets, even for manufactures of such products, it's a hit and miss situation due to lack of testing, quality control and understanding. It is all about energy charge and one should put magnets not only on the fuel line but also on the air intake. I've seen fuel magnets on fuel lines only to find out the polarity is wrong or was not carefully understood during the assembly process - for that it is a hit and miss situation. When you look on existing patents, a lot are also done not the right way but they are patented. Whatever the reason behind, one thing for sure they do not work well. Any magnet can help when implemented right.

This is important and should be done accordingly. First the magnet to use should have one side only south and the other side only north like those circular flat magnets. Bar magnets with one side having two poles does not work. For the fuel line, the south side of the magnet must face the rubber hose. For the air intake rubber/plastic tube, the north side must face the rubber/plastic. Never put on metal parts like aluminum or stainless intake tubes. If one could put 6 magnets all north facing the air intake tube in hexagonal formation, the better.

If you have this strong fuel magnet product which consist of two clamping magnets on the fuel line, remove them and check the poles using a compass, only place one magnet on the fuel line, south pole facing to the fuel hose and the other magnet on the air intake, north pole facing the tube. This will work on all combustion engines regardless of fuel. If you stock weaker magnets together to add more strength, it can also add improvement but there is a limit on the number you can stock on top that it no longer add more change. On my setup, 5 pcs of small 1/2 inch diameter x 1/4" thickness circular magnets is the limit. I have three stocks in line, making them 15 pcs on the fuel line. The stocking limit could be different on your vehicle and type of magnet. I only use ordinary ceramic magnets similar to that in small speakers. I've done this on diesel engines, gasoline engines and motorcycles, all work well when done right - meaning engine performance instantly improved with the magnets.

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 20 Mar 2017 08:13 #23

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
Vernie, I'd very much like to speak more in depth with you on this topic. May I contact you at the email address you sent the copper coil/plasma ignition documents from?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Fuel Line Magnets for better Mileage 20 Mar 2017 08:53 #24

• Julius
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
About 2 years ago, I tried this out.
I took some extremely powerful magnets found in old computer hard drives. Strong enough that you can get hurt if you pull them together. I put them on the rubber hose (attached to each side) leading into the engine.
The result? Nothing.
I still have them on my 1998 maxima.