Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cool Humid air for more power

Cool Humid air for more power 21 Dec 2016 18:52 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Previously I've spoken of how when there is cool/cold wet weather where I live and drive- My car the Subie gets a nice power boost. Like today, coming home from my day job. It was like the car had a 25% increase in low- midrange torque. Subjective estimate, sure. But this car just loves this weather.

Could be from having a Plasma Ignition system installed--the Plasma type discharge has been seen to have a violent reaction when water is added. Really nothing new about it, people have experienced a smoother happier engine in the rain for many decades.

So, in the spirit of this forum, I'm putting out a question: Does anyone know of a good system out there to add cool water vapor to an engine's Induction system?

I mean, I've tried a water bubbler, and another invention from Utah, that didn't really work. A good setup would not rely on engine vacuum as the driver. I want to preserve the vacuum, not bleed it off. Plus vacuum is highest at idle and drops off under load, opposite of what's needed. In other words, a way to make water vapor, COOL water vapor, like on a rainy day. Steam isn't really it either.

I've seen Youtube vid's of different ideas, people using cheapo ultrasonic vapor generators in small water reservoirs. I've tried searching online, all I seem to find are cheap Chinese made decorative vapor gizmos like for a fish pond, etc. Ultrasonic seems like the right idea, but I haven't seen anything that looks like it could live long in a car. I'd love to have this effect in dry weather! :)

Anyone seen anything like I'm sayin'? :huh: B)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Cool Humid air for more power 21 Dec 2016 19:28 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Hmmm...the ultrasonic elements would have to be fairly robust to withstand the heat of an engine compartment, and be easily replaceable/inexpensive...but the key would be to port an adequate supply to the passive side of the intake. How to determine the appropriate humidity level, and then adjust to maintain it? And the supply reservoir, refill at fuel fill I would assume, not freeze in cold weather...
This is a tricky design!!
Anyone? Bueller?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway

Cool Humid air for more power 21 Dec 2016 22:05 #3

• Karl411
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Been seeing them here and there over the last two years and had to try to find again.
Here are two of them.
Maybe the Mistifyer didn't work because it was not vaporized enough.
Maybe finding a system to break up the water/atomize like in video two is an idea since the water does work for you, just not the way it was introduced with Von Hubbards device.
Link 3 is something I had in my records under water vapor. It was how a guy accidentally
found better MPGs when his HHO system didnt work.
Interesting what people stumble on when they fail.

Last edit: by Karl411.
  • Page: