Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Without doing the gadgetman groove what benefits would you get by capping.....

Without doing the gadgetman groove what benefits would you get by capping..... 17 Nov 2017 09:34 #1

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 8
The vacuum port?

I'm asking because of people that I've talked to asked me this same question. I don't know how to respond how to them.

Please help me someone. What are the benefits of capping the vacuum port?

Thank you all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Without doing the gadgetman groove what benefits would you get by capping..... 17 Nov 2017 14:00 #2

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
The benefits range from LITTLE to a LOT.

First, you STOP polluting the oil with water induced into the crankcase in the form of humidity. So, your oil lasts longer

You allow the pressures inside the intake manifold to drop even further. So, better vaporization. This means the SAME amount of fuel is delivering MORE POWER to the piston. So, HIGHER efficiency.

Third, you get to show the EPA and the Car Companies that sometimes we really DO know what's BEST for us!!!

Oh, and I have seen as much as 5 more MPGs by installing that one cap. So just ask them. "What have you got to GAIN? Try it! If you DON'T like it, just HOOK THE HOSE BACK UP!"

They would have to be an idiot, or REALLY anal retentive to NOT try it!
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

Without doing the gadgetman groove what benefits would you get by capping..... 18 Nov 2017 12:09 #3

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652

Ron Hatton wrote: The benefits range from LITTLE to a LOT.

First, you STOP polluting the oil with water induced into the crankcase in the form of humidity. So, your oil lasts longer

You allow the pressures inside the intake manifold to drop even further. So, better vaporization. This means the SAME amount of fuel is delivering MORE POWER to the piston. So, HIGHER efficiency.

Third, you get to show the EPA and the Car Companies that sometimes we really DO know what's BEST for us!!!

Oh, and I have seen as much as 5 more MPGs by installing that one cap. So just ask them. "What have you got to GAIN? Try it! If you DON'T like it, just HOOK THE HOSE BACK UP!"

They would have to be an idiot, or REALLY anal retentive to NOT try it!

If I can clarify just a little bit what Ron has said, starting with intake manifold vacuum: it's not that the vacuum is increased - you just prevent (or reverse) a factory installed and government mandated leak of what the engine is capable generating. that little leak causes the engine to burn more fuel to generate the same amount of power, which generates MORE water in the engine, which in addition to diluting the lubricant, causes the internals to rust and wear out faster.
There's no reducing that moisture to zero; it's the byproduct of combustion. It does have to be evacuated, however, and our PCV re-route makes that happen; adding a catch can keeps this necessary step in putting the groove on a car within the generally agreed upon environmental laws in places that have them.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wes

• Page: