Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.
  • Page:

TOPIC: I Just saw something...

I Just saw something... 14 Jan 2019 20:14 #1

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Just 15 minutes ago, I saw something very unusual, and this has nothing to do with the Groove.

I was out on my back patio under the awning having a smoke. Suddenly the overcast sky lit up bright green. There was a first flash, followed a few seconds later by another flash. I stood up and moved out under the awning- and seconds later a third bright green flash. This was at 5:45PM local time Reno Nevada.

This could not have been an aircraft. There was no sound- I stood still and listened. The only thing I think it may have been was 3 separate objects entering the high atmosphere and burning up. I say this, 'cause several months ago I was driving east out of Reno one night. Suddenly through the windshield I saw a bright meteor streaking down. It was incandescent bright white, then changed to intense bright green. The whole thing was maybe 3 seconds of white, then 2-3 seconds of green. I saw the green object disintegrate then disappear.

I've lived here for 62 years. This kind of flash I've never seen before in the night sky. IT would be one thing to see another meteor as a few months ago. But this time there was enough light to make a big section of sky light up--the overcast itself seemed to glow.

Pretty odd, I say!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

I Just saw something... 15 Jan 2019 11:52 #2

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
There's a lot of space junk up there, in addition to the natural stuff of the universe that floats by and gets caught in our gravity. But there are other possibilities, like lightning, aliens, wormholes opening/closing...
I've been noticing AMC is playing a LOT of world-ending disaster movies lately, which I find both hilarious and odd (over the "holiday season")...mayhaps TPTB are trying to warn us or prepare us for something.
Oh wait...you didn't say what you were smoking out back when you saw this happen ;-p
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

I Just saw something... 15 Jan 2019 12:10 #3

• CLAUDIO CORDOVA
  • Personal License Holder
  • Personal License Holder
  • Thank you received: 127
I am also curious of what you were smoking and what altitude? Lol! Like a good gadgetman you should have video tape it!

I Just saw something... 15 Jan 2019 19:51 #4

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Well, I wuz smokin' a mix o' Magik mushrooms and Hashish, with a bit o' heroin tossed in fer good...

NOT! Funny that both you guys, Greg, and Claudio, said the same thing! LOL! I I was smoking a roll-your own tobacco cigarette.

IT happened so fast, there would have had to have been a video camera on a tripod, aimed at the eastern sky, already going to catch these flashes. The misty cloud cover diffused the light. At first I wondered if it was lightning, but I've never seen bright green lightning, plus it was cold, and there was no thunder or other sound. The first flash seemed to have maybe two pulses, and lasted the longest. Second and third were shorter duration. It seems to me, that these flashes had to be pretty intense, with the way that so much of the visible sky lit up as it did. Either they were at lower altitude, or much higher, and brighter. I wondered about space junk, or "craft" burning up. But whatever, the flashes were bright enough, esp. the first, that the ground and side fence reflected the light, as the cloud cover seemed to flash as a whole, not a single point. Would have been interesting to see the events without the cloud cover...

Imagine, seeing these from an aircraft at altitude, above those clouds...!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

I Just saw something... 16 Jan 2019 05:05 #5

• Kim
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 30
There are rumors that CERN-hadron collider (Swiss-The European Organization for Nuclear Research, known as CERN, ) had a massive incident. Your sights could be maybe connected to that. Opening portals to other dimensions? Wormholes? Some sort of high energy release?
Regards
Kim

I Just saw something... 16 Jan 2019 10:38 #6

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
And don't forget, the magnetic North Pole is shifting too; this will have an effect on the Aurora Borealis/Australis. But more likely it was something military or a weather balloon exploding...or some of the other options raised. (I like the wormhole!)
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton

I Just saw something... 09 Feb 2019 13:55 #7

• GeraldC
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 31
Most likely space junk with magnetic pole moving at 35 miles per year if you follow magnetic north in 20 years will be in Russia
geraldc
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

I Just saw something... 11 Feb 2019 22:18 #8

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
So, I'm still wondering-- just what burns with a bright Green color when hit by the extreme forces and heat of re-entry???

Which minerals (or Metals) do that?

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

I Just saw something... 12 Feb 2019 09:45 #9

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
googled it: copper seems to be the prevailing (or most common) option/opinion. But it depends on the green.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

I Just saw something... 13 Feb 2019 23:37 #10

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
Interesting. But- why would there be a mass of copper metal in re-entry...? Even less likely to me, copper ore? This only deepens a mystery of what it might have been.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

I Just saw something... 14 Feb 2019 11:28 #11

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
there's a lot of wiring in a space vehicle...and alloys, various coatings, possibly paint...and if it was a natural phenomena, maybe the space rock was copper-rich.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

I Just saw something... 14 Feb 2019 14:50 #12

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
I'd agree about wiring in space vehicles. But if it was a vehicle, as long and bright as those light pulses were, I'd think the light would have started as white, then green, as the meteor/asteroid (?) I saw last summer while driving, was. These light pulses had a bright green color lasting the duration of each of 3 pulses. Would have been better, had I had clear view of these pulses, instead of indirect.

Again, I've never seen anything quite like this, in person, or video.

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV

• Page: