Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lawn mower with "air swirl device"

Lawn mower with "air swirl device" 18 Apr 2019 22:14 #1

• Michael Lee
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • I'm a believer & leader through Jesus Christ, Husband & Father
  • Thank you received: 270
I got a call tonight from our friend and plumber, Joe Sahlstrom of Sahlstrom Plumbing in Milaca, MN. He became a believer in the groove very quickly after i introduced the technology to him because of his experience with "something similar"
He will be getting the groove done to his Toyota van this weekend!
Here's the story. He told me that he had a lawn mower back in the day that after a few years, didn't meet the epa's emission requirements, and so he had to call the manufacturer to see what they could do. They sent him a device that had to be installed in the intake air stream tube somewhere between the air filter and throttle body. He said he looked inside of this device and there was a "swirling design" like it would turn the air into a tornado forcing it into the engine once passed through these special shapes. The effect was better combustion resulting in lower emissions and it passed the following test!
Michael Lee
(USER BLOCKED FOR ETHICS VIOLATIONS)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lawn mower with "air swirl device" 18 Apr 2019 23:11 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Was it one of those Tornado gizmos?

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Lawn mower with "air swirl device" 19 Apr 2019 10:02 #3

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
Sounds like it, Tracy, or something very similar.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Lawn mower with "air swirl device" 19 Apr 2019 10:06 #4

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Your assessment of it being a "Tornado" is very close to spot on. The additional reduction in pressure caused by restricting the intake air provided additional benefits.

But it is still a FAR cry from what The Groove can do!

We have been so uniquely blessed, gentlemen, to even know of this technology, let alone to use it benefit other people as well as the entire planet...

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Lawn mower with "air swirl device" 19 Apr 2019 11:22 #5

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Right, Ron! A reduction in air PRESSURE... It just "clicked" to me...isn't that what you were going for by putting a tape strip across part of a throttle body at the upstream edge?

While I'm at it here, do you agree with my idea of the Groove acting like a "slingshot", holding back some of the incoming air during the first half of the intake stroke? To cause a pressure drop all the way from just below the Groove right into the combustion chamber, past the open intake valve? That this then reverses at intake stroke mid-point- so there is then the pulse in pressure, perhaps even a weak shock wave, traveling down the intake tract past the still-open intake valve?

I've used the slingshot analogy to explain how the Groove works for a long time now. Opinions?

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Lawn mower with "air swirl device" 19 Apr 2019 13:09 #6

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Please watch the video: "How does the Gadgetman Groove work?" on YouTube.

I'm a little disappointed that you haven't burned the process into memory, Tracy! It helps to understand what it DOES so you can accurately predict how OTHER modifications and deficiencies in the gaskets etcetera will affect it.

Shame on you.

Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

Lawn mower with "air swirl device" 19 Apr 2019 15:27 #7

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
I’ve never been a big fan of that video - any extemporaneously recorded video explaining a process, for that matter. This tries to do that, as well as market/sell the groove at the same time. It took me a bunch of views, plus a lot of homework, to get it all straight in my head before I decided to try/buy.
Don’t get me wrong here, but I’ve always felt that a more clearly scripted lesson video would be best for the technology, Ron. Rather than a stream of consciousness - that assumes certain knowledge on the part of the viewer- getting partially explained on the fly, it can only prove to raise as many questions as it answers to anything but the most educated/inquisitive/experienced/informed viewers.
To fresh newbs who just want more performance or savings at the pump, it might turn them off more than on.
Just like a groove occasionally needs to be re-cut, it might be a good idea to redo this, separating the sell from the works.
Just my 2 cents. Maybe it’s the teacher in me, maybe it’s the corporate/training/advertising video producer in me, maybe it’s a combination of both, but the technology deserves better in my opinion and experience.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Lawn mower with "air swirl device" 10 May 2019 09:48 #8

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
The groove works well with everything else i've ever tried on a lawn mower. This includes gasoline vapor powered engines.

Its just plain and simple if you provide a more efficient environment to burn the fuel it will work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee

• Page: