Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.

TOPIC: Relatively new exploration of magnetic fields in fluid dynamics.

Relatively new exploration of magnetic fields in fluid dynamics. 10 Sep 2019 10:13 #25

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 37
Interesting that you actually changed the composition of the fuel without having to actually heat it.
Your venture was successful to a point.
Seeing others using vaporization of the fuel on a carb to be successful, was wondering if you could have tweeked your set up.
Some have passed the gas thru a container containing zinc, copper, aluminum, stainless steel and had success in changing the gas molecules for a better and cleaner burn.
Your set up should not be discarded as a failure seeing you have stumbled on a principle that can be improved for success.
Do you have pics of your set up?
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK, Johnathan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Relatively new exploration of magnetic fields in fluid dynamics. 10 Sep 2019 10:37 #26

• GregK
  • Explorer
  • Explorer
  • Thank you received: 421

kman wrote: Interesting that you actually changed the composition of the fuel without having to actually heat it.
Your venture was successful to a point.
Seeing others using vaporization of the fuel on a carb to be successful, was wondering if you could have tweeked your set up.
Some have passed the gas thru a container containing zinc, copper, aluminum, stainless steel and had success in changing the gas molecules for a better and cleaner burn.
Your set up should not be discarded as a failure seeing you have stumbled on a principle that can be improved for success.
Do you have pics of your set up?

Right, Curt was making more fuel vapour than the engine could use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan

Relatively new exploration of magnetic fields in fluid dynamics. 10 Sep 2019 18:49 #27

• curt
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 3
No I never took any pictures of it. The steel pipe was laying along the valve cover right before the carb. There could have been some that cotributed to the vaporisation. I know that when the truck stopped and I took off the fuel line and the vaporised fuel would shoot out of the end of the pipe about 1 and a half feet.

I put many miles on that truck hauling scrap iron. So I was always trying something to save on fuel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hans Plasmeyer

Relatively new exploration of magnetic fields in fluid dynamics. 10 Sep 2019 19:04 #28

• curt
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 3
I still have the model in the shop some where. I put the info here on the board for you guy to play with .I had a different type of system on my 76chevy 350 engine,
It vaporised the fuel at idle so much it wouldnt move. that one got shelved too. Probably should have run it in to the top of the carb after attaing highway speeds.

I did build a vaporiser carburator that i could only get about 5 mph going down the road. Took the srandard carburator off and made a complete different unit.

Abother add on unit I got about 3.5 miles to the gallon extra. That was in the winter time and I was traveling 63 miles one way to work cutting scrap iron/
The following user(s) said Thank You: kman

Relatively new exploration of magnetic fields in fluid dynamics. 10 Sep 2019 20:50 #29

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 37
Something I am still not getting here is that you atomized the gas into a vapor state but it actually was a negative thing.
There was another video I saw where someone with fuel injectors disconnected his injectors, vaporized the gas and ran his truck that way but was only
able to attain about 35mph max speed. Just guessing that the problem you both had with vaporizing was that you were not feeding enough vapor
to feed the engine at higher speeds..Injectors fill that demand but the majority of that fuel is still unable to combust and wasted due to its concentrated state.
Seeing your rig broke the fuel right into a vapor state, it seems like a more refined system is needed.
Dont want to get too far off subject here since vaporizing fuel is not what this thread is about but it seems like the premise is the same where introducing electric or magnetic fields
changes the dynamics of the fuel. Seems like you did this rather well with your rig.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK

Relatively new exploration of magnetic fields in fluid dynamics. 10 Sep 2019 21:55 #30

• GregK
  • Explorer
  • Explorer
Yup, we're not vapourizing gasoline with this bifilar inductor on our fuel lines, we're simply (according to this paper) changing (decreasing) the viscosity of it, allowing the engine's mechanism to vapourize it to do so more efficiently.

Effect-of-Magnetic-Field-Strength-on-Hydrocarbon-Fuel-Viscosity-and-Engine-Performance.pdf

this was using permanent magnets...well, last I checked, the earth's magnetic field may be somewhat variable, but it's pretty permanent and bigger than anything we can fit under our hoods. The coil simply focuses it, according to my understanding, and balances/maintains it once it reaches "saturation".

The last graph on that paper showed that the motorbike ran 4.8km (3miles) on 100mL (4 ounces !!!) of fuel. Multiply by 37.8 for MPG(US): 113.4!!!!!
4000 Gauss or so is the optimal field strength, according to that. I just don't know how to measure or determine what the 15-turn bobbina bifilar coil achieves in the magnetic field strength dep't.
Anyone???

I'd bet my idea of putting one of these on the fuel supply line to the filter wouldn't be a bad idea. This guy seems to agree:
Effects of a Magnetic Field on Fuel.pdf

Here's a slideshow (research sources cited at the end) that seems to concur with the first pdf link:
this
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kenneth Smith

Last edit: by GregK.

Relatively new exploration of magnetic fields in fluid dynamics. 10 Sep 2019 22:12 #31

• perlito g. cabauatan
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 17

GregK wrote: Yup, we're not vapourizing gasoline with this bifilar inductor on our fuel lines, we're simply (according to this paper) changing (decreasing) the viscosity of it, allowing the engine's mechanism to vapourize it to do so more efficiently.

Effect-of-Magnetic-Field-Strength-on-Hydrocarbon-Fuel-Viscosity-and-Engine-Performance.pdf

this was using permanent magnets...well, last I checked, the earth's magnetic field may be somewhat variable, but it's pretty permanent and bigger than anything we can fit under our hoods. The coil simply focuses it, according to my understanding, and balances/maintains it once it reaches "saturation".""

This is one of the reference articles i used when everybody was calling me 'nuts, fuel is not magnetic, etc., I always believed that fuel savings could be realized with magnetism. Maybe our pulsing magnetic device is equal to the effect of the 'mobius coil magnet'. In actual practice fuel savings from 10-30%+ could be realized. One user even reported nearly 40%. One of these days, i'll install the mobius coil'
in tandem with our transducer and see what happens! sound's exciting! and it's free!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnathan, Kenneth Smith

Relatively new exploration of magnetic fields in fluid dynamics. 10 Sep 2019 22:55 #32

• GregK
  • Explorer
  • Explorer
Kenneth - the link I posted at the bottom of Ron's first has some working YouTube links at the bottom, with an animation and an actual construction.
If you're lucky, a really neat demonstration video of before/after of one of these coils on the gas line of a cooktop with the control valves in the same position shows the difference in flame/combustion will show up under "Watch Next" (you could always search for Bobina BAC on youtube...there are some wild applications...)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kenneth Smith

Relatively new exploration of magnetic fields in fluid dynamics. 11 Sep 2019 22:11 #33

• Kenneth Smith
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 24
This information is all new to me. I need some saturation time on this. I see it as a means to a result. I appreciate all you guys and all this information.
Ken

Relatively new exploration of magnetic fields in fluid dynamics. 12 Sep 2019 11:31 #34

• GregK
  • Explorer
  • Explorer

Kenneth Smith wrote: This information is all new to me. I need some saturation time on this. I see it as a means to a result. I appreciate all you guys and all this information.
Ken

poke around on the interweb for information on inductors and induction, Kenneth. then go and take a look at some of the links I posted.
I'm not one to get in people's faces about a higher power, but learning stuff like this reinforces MY belief that there is a design for the universe, which means there was a designer/team.
Connecting with that design, Using it and seeing it work gives me a feeling of power, of connection, of wisdom and peace. Hopefully you'll get something similar yourself if you choose as I have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway, Michael Lee, Hans Plasmeyer

Relatively new exploration of magnetic fields in fluid dynamics. 12 Sep 2019 23:32 #35

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 366
The thing that I found most interesting is this all began with Tesla, who understood the physics of magnetic fields better than anyone here could ever hope to.

Update on my projects.

First, the 2011 Taurus Limited. While Loreta was SUPPOSED to pay attention, she hasn't. Although she has traveled twice from here to Wisconsin to work twice (around 85-90 miles per trip) on a quarter tank of fuel. That's over double what she got before.

The 1999 Dakota hasn't been driven much, and it seems to have added about 100 miles to a tank. This with the devices applied as instructed to both the fuel line and the upper radiator hose.

I also did our 2006 Kia Sedona EX. It also hasn't been driven much, but the on-dash display went from around 17.6 to over 18.1 mpg's. And, it's still squealing the tires! (Don't ask me how I know!)

To all of you posting on your work with this simple modification, please report your findings as they happen. That way, we can follow you on your journey!

All of life should be an adventure. If it AIN'T, then you ain't DOIN' it right!

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
Smile for a stranger today.
You will both be glad you did.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Relatively new exploration of magnetic fields in fluid dynamics. 12 Sep 2019 23:37 #36

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 366

GregK wrote: Well, before you go and do that Ron, I encourage you to also look into induction cooking. 70A flowing around the fuel line may be somewhat overzealous.
What about directing (some of?) that energy at the car’s cooling system, possibly encouraging it to go into closed loop sooner?
I’m also looking at these coils for inclusion on the fuel line prior to the filter - maybe it’ll make the filter more effective? - and then again prior to the rail/injectors.

Greg, 70 amps is only the MAX output of this alternator. (less, actually) Generally, it will run at only around 10-20 amp output.

But to avoid overloading the wires, perhaps a parallell circuit would be a better option to consider. But if it's a LARGER wire than the current charging wire, it won't be an issue.

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
Smile for a stranger today.
You will both be glad you did.