Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Interesting result of Snake Oil applications

Interesting result of Snake Oil applications 13 Dec 2019 09:30 #13

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
With all your military knowledge, how have you never been a serviceman, Tracy?
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Interesting result of Snake Oil applications 21 Dec 2019 21:48 #14

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
No. Except unless you count hi School Army ROTC!

I'm a history and military history buff. I was reading about WW2 when I was ten. MY Dad was in the US Army in WW2 and early in the Korean War. My Uncle Harry was an Infantry Officer in Italy in WW2, he led Black troops in NW Italy in closing months of the war there. A cousin was in the Marines during Vietnam, then was in the Nevada Army National Guard in the '70's. Another Uncle was in the Army in Germany in the 1950's. And my Cousin, the Marine, his Dad was in the Army, and saw action on Okinawa in 1945. Then the same Cousin, was stationed on Okinawa during Vietnam, working on helicopters and OV-10 Bronco's in the Marines.

So, obviously there is an extensive Military backround in my Family. Fortunately, no one was ever wounded in combat, though my Dad lost half of his right middle finger during bayonet practice in Hawaii. He was on Kauai training other troops in jungle navigation. His unit was earmarked for the invasion of Kyushu, Japan, Operation Coronet. They were doing beach assault landing exercises, when news of the Atomic bomb drops broke. He said they cussed the Colonel who made them continue the practice beach landings, even after Japan agreed to surrender on August 15th, 1945!!

I have no Military experience, obviously. But I have been collecting and using various Military surplus packs bags and related stuff for hiking and camping trips. I even use a surplus Fighting Load Carrier with several different MOLLE pouches attached at work. I found it more convenient
to carry small parts and tools on this vest format, than to lug a larger toolbag around all day. I do get comments sometimes. But I made sure to choose the FLC vest and pouches in camo colors that don't seem too "tactical". Military surplus gear is the most rugged, best designed stuff for the purpose and $$ to be found.

Nobody else at work does this. But I figured this out myself....I'm a Gadgetman, after all!!:lol:

Tracy G

ping. I even use
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Last edit: by Tracy Gallaway.

Interesting result of Snake Oil applications 19 Jan 2020 00:49 #15

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
I want to report the ongoing results from applying Snake Oil products on an older car. This is one I spoke of a few posts back in this thread-the 1989 Nissan Maxima. 3.0LV6 engine, auto FWD trans.

My friend Teresa the owner stopped by yesterday to show me how well it now runs and drives. She insisted I drive it, so I drove across town to a store. Before treating the engine, transmission, power steering and fuel, it was really showing it's age. Engine a bit rough, some hesitation, louder exhaust note and an audible exhaust manifold leak. I Grooved this car's TB over 7 years ago, which was a big improvement then, but it has been "getting old" in it's behavior the past 2 years.

Like many women, she acutely hears all the car's sounds. As I drove, she repeatedly pointed out how quiet had become, how several sounds had disappeared. All true!

IT now has a table-flat idle, and runs silky smooth. Power comes on very easy, and you hardly notice trans. shifts. Exhaust note is deeper AND quieter, can't hear the leak at all now. She is VERY happy w/ results! She also says her MPG is improving as well. Overall, this old car just keeps on getting better now. She said that we saved her car!

In my experience w/ cars, you could spend thousands, and still not get results like these. I mean, to get this level of major wide-ranging improvements, with NO work, is impossible!:huh:

(unless you use Ron Hatton's Snake Oil, that is!)

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Interesting result of Snake Oil applications 16 Feb 2020 00:51 #16

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
This afternoon I went for a short hike on a local trail after work. The trailhead is about 500 feet higher than the valley floor here, up a road with 2 steep sections and constant uphill grade. My '85 Subaru GL wagon Subie, has been up there many times before.

Today Subie climbed AND descended that road better than ever before. This was the first time I'd driven Subie up there since the complete Snake Oil treatment last Fall. Ascending, the road starts w/ a very steep section, I've always had to use 2nd gear thru this section before. Today I started in 2nd and shifted to 3rd midpoint in this section, AND used noticeably less throttle than ever before.

Coming down after the hike, I was able to use engine braking in 2nd gear in most of the upper steep section, to greater effect than ever before. The engine has noticeably better compression and power, and is much smoother than before Snake Oil.

In general in-town driving, I'm now using less throttle and RPM's than before.

Best of all, with winter conditions (though this has been a mild one) Ive seen roughly 50 more miles out of a tank of gas!:woohoo:

100% Pure Snake Oil works Wonders on an old car and engine!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Gadgetman Reno, NV
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA

• Page: