Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.

TOPIC: Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 12 Sep 2020 10:57 #13

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
You can't leave ME alone with an engine, either, Ken!

And look at what happens when you just do what you know is the most right thing.

Awe-SUM!!!

R.
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 26 Sep 2020 08:58 #14

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
Ladies and gentlemen-There are more and more people turning more data on spark plugs and how important they are as well as what may be done.
Here's one from Andy Mechanic out of Australia that is an EXCELLENT break-down of resistor-vs-non-resistor plugs.
Now, when you watch this, be sure to comment, and tell him if he wants, he should contact me and get some Snake Oil at no charge.
Just to say "Thank you!" for his educational work in the field. He's a real pro!

Ron Hatton

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 26 Sep 2020 13:14 #15

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
I will be having capacitor sets available for any number of cylinder engines soon! I plan on assembling them on-demand, and will let you guys know how they will look as soon as I can.

Turn your ignition wires into plasma, and for WAY cheaper than anyone else! Probably be around $5.00 per cylinder plus shipping. One ground wire and one per spark plug connection.

Email me if you would be interested...

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I LOVE doing this kinda stuff!!!
Ron Hatton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kenneth Smith

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 26 Sep 2020 13:40 #16

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652
you're talking peaking capacitors, correct?
(it's wonderful what a little bit of knowledge and some basic parts can do for you, isn't it?)
If you want to be really super sexy about it, I'd add High voltage diodes to the package.
I've been meaning to dig deeper into applying this to my Wendy for a while, but haven't gotten around to it yet...
Tracy G has Murakami Plasma on one of his grooved Subarus (the old school one, with a distributor), and he says she runs like a dream, with fantastic power - there's a good thread detailing his build here on the forum...maybe he'll be kind enough to link to it in this thread for everyone
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 26 Sep 2020 14:40 #17

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
After doing some more research, I think I'll be able to do it for about $25 for a 4-cylinder, although 1 and 2 cylinders will probably be more per plug because of the parts cost per cylinder is higher, but I've already ordered the high voltage caps and am looking into enclosures now.

I want them to be sexy as well as functional. Simple design, but will be amazingly effective. I wanted to do the RV while I had it torn apart, but that ain't going to happen to the best level, so I will be wrapping my plug wires with speaker wire, starting that today. Then, I'll wrap them with aluminum tape. At least that will intensify the spark a good deal...

Of course, pictures as I go...
Ron Hatton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kenneth Smith

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 26 Sep 2020 15:08 #18

• Cristian Lavaque
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 1
I've seen mention that non-resistor spark plugs could cause trouble with the electronics of the car... Is that so? What was your experience? Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 26 Sep 2020 15:14 #19

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
If it's an older system, that is possible. But only so far as static on the radio is concerned. Well, that and MAYBE the damn computer-monitoring of the GPS signals!

And I would think that's a GOOD thing!
Ron Hatton

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 26 Sep 2020 16:30 #20

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
A good concern - gps in a car. Any Radio Frequency discharge is an electromagnetic event. That would probably have an effect on the radio timing signal from the satellites, and exact position. There might be a correct/effective way to shield the gps circuitry/receiver from what the spark plugs are doing/putting off.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 27 Sep 2020 14:35 #21

• Erin Malczewski
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 7
Ron, I am so looking forward to seeing the new plasma plug lead sets, A few years ago I considered having a custom plasma lead set made by a company called Nology. Here is a video replicating how Nology wires are made. They are true plasma wires but without capacitors. Easy to make at home. Check it out
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, GregK, kman

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 27 Sep 2020 20:26 #22

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
I have seen many of his videos, Aaron, and he's a real developer. A little s-l-u-g-g-i-s-h in his presentations, but his data is sound.

As I have seen this video, and the materials I need for my plasma application, I will apply exactly what he's done here, with a little addition. I am going to to wind my plug wires with solid core copper speaker wire. To understand why, you would do well to look into the bifilar discussion here, and elsewhere.

When you do, start reaching for a feeling of flow-less frequency, for that's another discussion entirely!
Ron Hatton

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 27 Sep 2020 21:29 #23

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 70
Posted a reply on his Youtube video and Scotty Kilmers about the Groove
Was a little miffed on the ignorance of Scotty saying that if the groove worked, car makers would use it.
Tell that to Charles Pogue, Stan Meyer and Tom Ogle.
I expressed my disdain of Scotty's ignorance seeing he is considered an "expert" by those who listen to him.

Last edit: by kman.

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 28 Sep 2020 10:14 #24

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman

kman wrote: Posted a reply on his Youtube video and Scotty Kilmers about the Groove
Was a little miffed on the ignorance of Scotty saying that if the groove worked, car makers would use it.
Tell than to Charles Pogue, Stan Meyer and Tom Ogle.
I expressed my disdain of Scotty's ignorance seeing he is considered an "expert" by those who listen to him.

Scotty Kilmer is a messiah in his own right, with his legion of followers; what we're doing here is 1%-er stuff, or less. Leave them to their things just as they pay little mind to us.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile