Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.

TOPIC: Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 28 Sep 2020 10:22 #25

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 652

Ron Hatton wrote: I have seen many of his videos, Aaron, and he's a real developer. A little s-l-u-g-g-i-s-h in his presentations, but his data is sound.

As I have seen this video, and the materials I need for my plasma application, I will apply exactly what he's done here, with a little addition. I am going to to wind my plug wires with solid core copper speaker wire. To understand why, you would do well to look into the bifilar discussion here, and elsewhere.

When you do, start reaching for a feeling of flow-less frequency, for that's another discussion entirely!

In what order? foil wrap, and then coils or the other way around?
what I see happening in that video: using back EMF to make the Voltage (work capability) of the plasma event larger by enhancing the depth of the ground potential below it.
To make it work optimally, I would think that foil wrapping the wires first to enhance the dielectric of their jacket, and then the bifilar coiling on top, the energy of which could be easily sent to ground.

(If this isn't a video testimony to the benefits of paying attention to your grounds, I don't know what is!!)
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 28 Sep 2020 18:28 #26

• kman
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 70
Scotty Kilmer is a messiah in his own right, with his legion of followers; what we're doing here is 1%-er stuff, or less. Leave them to their things just as they pay little mind to us.

True.
Have posted factual stuff to those caught up in propaganda they were fed by the media and it didn't seem to matter.
They dig in their heels to what they want to believe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregK

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 28 Sep 2020 19:59 #27

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490

GregK wrote:
In what order? foil wrap, and then coils or the other way around?
what I see happening in that video: using back EMF to make the Voltage (work capability) of the plasma event larger by enhancing the depth of the ground potential below it.
To make it work optimally, I would think that foil wrapping the wires first to enhance the dielectric of their jacket, and then the bifilar coiling on top, the energy of which could be easily sent to ground.

What I'm starting tonight is the wrapping procedure on the wires. I have taken shots and vids to help with the reassembly and to share with people on YT.

I will be painstakingly wrapping the wires first, then wrapping them with the aluminum tape. But there are vastly more important things happening that cannot be conveyed, but can be understood and grasped. Energy flow, resonance, vibration and mag fields all come into play.

More later as I started working this morning about 5 am, and just stopped at a little before 7 pm, so this old man is BEAT!
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 28 Sep 2020 23:30 #28

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman
My suspicion is connecting one end of the bifilar coil to ground, and the other wrapped in the foil around the ignition wires will amplify the effect seen in the video. Think inductor/choke, like in this video (Aaron also used a HV diode in this circuit, on that leg of it):

What strikes me most is the force of the ignition event - whether it's an explosion or implosion - observe how things started hopping around on the workbench with each firing of the plug (when there's moisture around ;) ) at around the 2:10 mark. that'll make some wheels turn...
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Last edit: by GregK. Reason: correct the video link, and more thoughts.

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 29 Sep 2020 01:05 #29

• Erin Malczewski
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 7
The other way to do this is to reverse engineer what Nology is doing. If you ordered a ignition lead for a gocart for $36 you could take the wire apart. It would render it useless but sometimes autopsies are important.

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 29 Sep 2020 01:09 #30

• Erin Malczewski
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 7
Of course know Ron, he will keep the cost down and one Nology lead at $36 might be equal to 4 Gagetman leads. Here is an image of a Nology cable.

Nology HotWires Spark Plug Wires Ignition Wires Manufacturer

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 04 Oct 2020 11:02 #31

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman

Ron Hatton wrote:
What I'm starting tonight is the wrapping procedure on the wires. I have taken shots and vids to help with the reassembly and to share with people on YT.

I will be painstakingly wrapping the wires first, then wrapping them with the aluminum tape. But there are vastly more important things happening that cannot be conveyed, but can be understood and grasped. Energy flow, resonance, vibration and mag fields all come into play.

More later as I started working this morning about 5 am, and just stopped at a little before 7 pm, so this old man is BEAT!

I watched that video of you showing your wrapped wires.
That's quite a bit of copper, and time. I have trouble believing that Creator would make it that difficult for us to benefit from the intricacies included in his simple and powerful design.
The concept presented in Aaron's post (with Okki's video of the foil-wrapped spark plug wire) makes much more sense to me, and I'll post a diagram of my thoughts about it when I get back from my meeting shortly.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 05 Oct 2020 20:25 #32

• Kenneth Smith
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 29
Ron, where are the pics and or video on your endeavors of wire wrapping? Nothing showing here to see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 06 Oct 2020 08:43 #33

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
Thanks for the reminder, Ken! The truth is I've been dealing with this blasted RV... I'm having it towed to a shop tomorrow, 'cause I can't even find head bolts for the thing.

You might consider subscribing to my YouTube channel, though.

Here's the first part, making Zero resistance plugs. Now, you can have them for the price of a normal plug, instead of $30 per!

Ron Hatton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kenneth Smith, CLAUDIO CORDOVA, kman, Paul Viacrucis

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 06 Oct 2020 08:50 #34

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
The next step in maximizing your spark potential is to get as much of the electrical field to your new zero plugs. Fortunately, it's simple, and fairly inexpensive. The down side is it's time-consuming and kind of laborious.

There has to be a better way, but I used my hands (and got some blisters for the effort!) and it took an average of an hour per wire to complete the wrapping. Then, adding the final touch took less than 20 minutes.

And no new blisters!

Ron Hatton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kenneth Smith, kman, Paul Viacrucis

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 06 Oct 2020 09:39 #35

• GregK
  • Friends of Gadgetman
  • Friends of Gadgetman

Aaron wrote: Ron, I am so looking forward to seeing the new plasma plug lead sets, A few years ago I considered having a custom plasma lead set made by a company called Nology. Here is a video replicating how Nology wires are made. They are true plasma wires but without capacitors. Easy to make at home. Check it out

What I like about this idea/video is twofold:
1 - It will work with waste spark ignitions without having to hack factory wiring harnesses
2 - the materials are readily available ANYWHERE and inexpensive- no crazy high voltage capacitors/diodes, ignition boxes, etc
and (OK, I lied)
3 - the cost of materials is so low that you'll start saving money on transportation (fuel) at virtually your first fillup!

My idea would be to wrap the cable in foil, then wrap a longitudinal bifilar coil around that, with one end in contact with the foil and the other end going to the ground of the spark plug. At the plug end, I would include a diode (it shouldn't even need to be a high voltage diode) pointed towards the spark gap. That would allow the reverse-bias current captured by the foil and intensified by the coil to pass to ground, but prevent any voltage above the diode's threshold from travelling back up. (This might trigger a gating/switching event like the MSD unit in Aaron Murakami's implementation)
I am guessing that you wouldn't need to wrap the entire length of the plug wire, even, and rather than soldering it to the foil, you could sandwich the strands of copper between layers of foil wrapping. Further, the insulation of the wire used for the bifilar coil would replace the need for the clear tubing over the foil wrap as insulation from whatever stray electricity might be floating around in the engine bay.

Ron - head over to Torque Master Star Series type – Extreme Spark Their Torquemaster Star Series are copper core (resistorless) and gapped to either 0.120" (which is probably in the range of 300% overgapped for your Ford, and 200% for my GM) or 0.250" and are only $25/pair...ideal, in other words, especially with the stainless steel electrodes that will provide a long long service life.
Greg Kusiak
Most Active Member
Audiophile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Viacrucis

Tuning your Spark Plugs for Maximum Power 06 Oct 2020 12:09 #36

• Kenneth Smith
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 29
Hey Ron. You are looking good getting over your past life event. Good to see you back at the bench. Many years ago I bought an item called a Paser 500. The item is wiring attached to the plug wires at the distributor. The item is wiring that is supposed to do similar to the process you are educating us on. Did the item work when sold? I don't know. The package I have is for a six cylinder engine which uses the old points distributors round cap. I realize the majority of your members are driving vehicles with computers and many with coil on plug setups but this info about the Paser my be beneficial. So I'm attaching pics of the box, the device and the literature. Enjoy and comment your views.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton, CLAUDIO CORDOVA

Last edit: by Ron Hatton.