Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Savicorp's Dynovalve

Savicorp's Dynovalve 06 Dec 2011 16:07 #1

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This was shared with me by Scott Castleberg of Michigan, one of our Personal License Holders.

Savicorp has been marketing and selling a device known as the Dynovalve. Look it up at and give your feedback here!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Savicorp's Dynovalve 06 Dec 2011 22:45 #2

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
So, what should actually be a auto manufacture vehicle recall update, has been turned into an aftermarket product that essentially optimizes the manifold vacuum by gating the recovery of the blow-by gases from the engine to the manifold.

Not that the auto manfacturers would appreciate it but I would think simply rerouting the PCV to the intake plenum in front of the TBI would suffice.

There is also a copy of the change in California standards allowing it to be used on vehicles in California, indicating that it did not detract from the vehicles emission systems or OBDII operation.
And they have a "Letter of endorsement" from a Congressman.

Last edit: by TacomaKarl. Reason: authors option

Re: Savicorp's Dynovalve 07 Dec 2011 03:08 #3

• samperth
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hi guys,
this is same product different site .
Check it out.
I did background check on the savicorp company via the internet.They are on the stock market. It looks to me like the company has had its debts wiped $2.4 million {having only 5 employees ... what the ....? ) and now they are not their own boss.
Below are the links where I got my data from.

SaviCorp (SVMI) | PDF

It looks like they are being set up to be part of the "approved" companies to install emissions solutions.Big big bucks.
My viewpoint only

Re: Savicorp's Dynovalve 07 Dec 2011 04:15 #4

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi Guys,

I heard of the Dyno Valve from another friend, also into alternative energy and fuel saving technology. Personally, I think $399.00 is very pricey for an electric PCV valve, which, as Ron told me, helps to better control vacuum than the stock system, but not like we do. According to Savicorp's video, the valve is controlled by a small, programmable computer chip, which get's a signal from a timing source.

Personally, I know the Groove is the way to go. It has a larger impact on the engine fuel wise than the Dyno Valve could. If you look at some of Dyno Valve's fuel figures, they seem far fetched.

And that is my opinion.

Scott
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Re: Savicorp's Dynovalve 07 Dec 2011 16:25 #5

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I agree Scott. The 50 cent plug on the intake manifold controls the PCV very effectively.

Re: Savicorp's Dynovalve 07 Dec 2011 20:47 #6

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I went back and looked at some of their test data again and it isn't just their reported results that could be found questionable. Their test methods are not consistent with coming to solid conclusions.

You don't take device "A" and test it on vehicle 1 and 2 then take device "B" and test it on vehicle 3 and 4, the baseline and vehicle data are inconsistent at the start.

Proper testing would be 2 vehicles with both devices tested on both vehicles to get comparable results and if there is questions you take them back to baseline and test again.

Rather interesting, what seems to be a political push to make the product available on the market.

Re: Savicorp's Dynovalve 08 Dec 2011 01:26 #7

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Say everybody, how have the last 30 years of government emission solutions worked?

Why do they make it so complicated, MONEY, MONEY,MONEY. Will this $400 device do 1/10th that the gadgetman groove do. I THINK NOT!!

Proven results, the proof is in the pudding. I don't want a government control device on my vehicle, and I don't think my customers want to spend another $400 for nothing.

My sentiments exactly, RUBBER PLUG does the trick for what a soda pop costs. Let's keep simplifying this to dumbfound the brainiacs that come up with ideas such as this?

Just my opinion.

GadgetmanNebraska Aron Cheek

Last edit: by AronCheek.

Re: Savicorp's Dynovalve 08 Dec 2011 22:03 #8

• Grant Goldade
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 12
Been lookin at dynovalve for a while and just can't justify cost. Most of the vehicles we work on have vacuum applied to the crankcase.

I'd bet this

$10 system would be the dynovalve in power, emissions, or mileage.

Re: Savicorp's Dynovalve 02 Feb 2012 17:46 #9

• EdHoffman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Here is a low-cost competitor:

Re: Savicorp's Dynovalve 02 Feb 2012 18:10 #10

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Looking at some of the "newer" engines, some like the Honda have redesigned their systems to port the PCV directly to the plenum side. So they do know how to do it, not necessarily know if they understand why. To have an aftermarket device like that and push for state certification is just a marketing ploy to make it look important. It's not like they are altering the system, they're simply enhancing the current configuration.

The Savicorp product was either purchased or licensed from Verdatech.

I already tell my friends, if you do nothing else... move the pcv hose to the intake side and cap the manifold port. When they realize the change that has happened, which usually occurs first time out with the vehicle, my strength as a reliable/knowledgable person about engine efficiency has just gone up a notch.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.
Gadgetman Tacoma

Last edit: by TacomaKarl. Reason: Cuz
  • Page: