Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, ENGINE SIZE is the order to post in this forum.
It should be like this:
2002 Chevy 1500 5.3
Then, put your report in as the message. That way, EVERYONE can see how successful you've been!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor 10 Dec 2018 17:44 #1

• Andrew Leyva
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 104
Hello All!

First post to the forums! Ron made a good point in that we should all post our progress for the masses.

Initial install of the Groove was the latter part of October. There was a noticeable increase in power, however the MPG's have suffered. Historically, I've gotten 18.5 MPG. With the Groove, range has been from 14.4 to 20.9. My last two fill ups were 17.4 and 18.7 MPG.

Here's what I've done under the direction of Ron:

1. Quantity of Chemtool fuel system cleaner in the oil (about a shot's worth or capful) and let idle for an hour to clean up the valves.
Additionally, at a later time, dropped Old Fashioned Naphthalene moth balls into the gas tank upon fill up. Approximately 20 moth balls.

2. Checked manifold pressure - appears to be normal at around 19" Hg.

3. Next is to check for vacuum leaks. Ron suggests getting a propane torch and using the gas (obviously not lit!) to search for the leaks among all the vacuum sources.

4. I have yet to wrap the exhaust prior to the catalytic converter. I have the wrap available - just haven't had the time to apply it.

5. I drive like a maniac now! LOL! I put the pedal to the metal every chance I get! Sure makes driving a lot of fun. Lol! Trying to massage those long and short term fuel trends.

What I've noticed:

- Exhaust smells like.......exhaust...until the engine gets to operating temp, then there is a slightly "sweet" smell to it.

- Engine is running like a top! Very smooth and quiet, except for the Groove squeal, which isn't all that loud nor annoying.

- Noticeable increase in power, but not as much as I was expecting - judging by all the testimonials. Yet, the increase in power puts a smile on my face. I'd describe it as "peppy."

I was wondering if my particular Groove (the one sent to me) has some sort of flaw. Looking at some of the pictures of other Grooves, mine looks much more scalloped and less refined than the others. Additionally, the throttle body had some sort of residue that even covered the electrodes that clips to the ECU. Here's my Groove:

Attachment not found

Here's one that looks a bit more refined:

Attachment not found

So, still a work in progress! But, looking forward to getting better results! Thanks for everybody's help!!

Andy

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Hatton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Andrew Leyva.

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor 12 Dec 2018 12:18 #2

• Ron Hatton
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Gadgetman
  • Thank you received: 490
Right off the bat, I can tell you for SURE that a SINGLE full is nowhere NEAR a shot glass! You could put the measurement to the test, as I just did.

I took the lid off a Berryman's Liquid and grabbed a shot glass. It took TWELVE caps full to make a single shot of 1-1/2 oz. This being considered, you couldn't have put but a FRACTION of enough to clean the system.

So, please make sure you use at LEAST 1-1/2 ounces into the oil and follow the instructions as given. That is, IF you want the predicted results! And remember that the first part of the instructions is to "Let it idle for about an hour." It continues... "THen, just drive like normal for about a week."

The TIME is important to allow the concentrate to dissolve the varnish.

Don't feel bad, though. Some of the stuff I recommend DEFINITELY challenges what we have accepted as "Truth." That makes us want to be cautious, when the best course of action is to be BOLD and DARING!

"DAMN the torpedoes! FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!"

Ron
Ron Hatton
Developer of The Gadgetman Groove
and Snake Oil-https://SnakeOil.wtf/?wpam_id=1

Last edit: by Ron Hatton.

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor 12 Dec 2018 13:34 #3

• Andrew Leyva
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Okay! Thanks, Ron! I'll give it a shot....or shot and half! Lol. Actually, now that I think of it, I believe it was a spray can and I sprayed it in there for about 20-25 seconds - in my mind was about a couple of cap fulls, apparently....

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor 06 Jan 2019 11:48 #4

• Andrew Leyva
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Hello Everyone!

I hope all had a wonderful and blessed Christmas! 2019 will be an awesome year - at the very least I'm sure it will be interesting.

An update to the Endeavor. Things are slow going - mostly because I travel and am gone for 4 days at a time. So, it's hard to implement some of the strategies and suggestions in a timely manner. Perseverance will prevail!

It looks like the pictures I posted in my original post did not come through. I will try to re-upload them.

I've had a few fill ups since the last post and there has been some improvement. Baseline historical MPG has been 18.5. The last three entries are 18.9, 18.1 and 19.4. I've been employing the "Wide Open Throttle" method (with great joy!) and it seems to be making some difference. Here's a screen shot:

Attachment not found

I haven't had a chance to apply the 1-1.5 carb cleaner to the oil suggestion, since I've been out of town for much of the time. I'll do that this coming weekend. I'll be checking for leaks, too. Stay tuned.

Andy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Lee

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor 06 Jan 2019 11:50 #5

• Andrew Leyva
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Well, apparently I don't know how to upload photo's. 690kb .jpeg picture does not want to load. Any suggestions?

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor 27 Apr 2019 16:28 #6

• Andrew Leyva
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
Hello all! Hope you are all having a great day!

A quick update to the '04 Endeavor. The best mileage I ended up with was about 20.1 mpg. Slightly better than pre-groove, but with much more power. I think I could have bumped the mpg's a bit more by finding vacuum leaks. Sadly, I'll never know because I traded the Mitsubishi in on a new (used) 2018 GMC pick em up truck. Whoever ends up with my trade in will be pleasantly surprised with a good suv that has decent power and gas mileage!

I'm looking forward to experimenting with the new acquisition, because this bad boy is a gas guzzler! I'll post the details in a new thread.

Andy
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLAUDIO CORDOVA, Preston

• Page: