Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hi Everyone! Going to try to do my first groove!

Re: Hi Everyone! Going to try to do my first groove! 16 Feb 2012 04:42 #13

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Just take a piece of aluminum and make a gasket leave on hole large and the other make one eighth hole it doesn`t matter which hole as the air will be cut back Good grooving Dan gadgetman mo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hi Everyone! Going to try to do my first groove! 16 Feb 2012 15:43 #14

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I believe the PCV Port is located behind the throttle body, and is a large hose (5/8"-3/4").

These can be a little tough to break loose because of their position, so get ready to wrestle a bit. Use what are sold as "Heater By-Pass Caps" at the parts stores for the vac caps here.

Have fun!

Re: Hi Everyone! Going to try to do my first groove! 16 Feb 2012 18:30 #15

• Drew4ster
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
So I found my PCV valve line...I need to reroute it to come in before the throttle body right? or am I suppose to just cap it off completely?

Re: Hi Everyone! Going to try to do my first groove! 16 Feb 2012 18:52 #16

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Good morning Andrew,

You want to bring the pcv line in before the throttle body, that maintains "the mans" requirements and continues to process the crankcase gases.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.
Gadgetman Tacoma

Re: Hi Everyone! Going to try to do my first groove! 18 Feb 2012 23:08 #17

• Drew4ster
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
So I got my first groove done! Well technically two since it was dual body. After the first one I thought I had done a really good job. But when I was blowing it out I realized I had drilled all the way through in some spots....uuuupppppsss!! I was like-"i don't think the light is suppose to be shining all the way through"...lol! Not sure if this is was the greatest idea, but I just put the JB kwik on the bottom of the TB. Was I suppose to fill in the groove and then re-groove it? It was a late night project and I went ahead with it, because I wanted to put it back together in the morning. I think it was reinforced enough with just the JB on the bottom. So let me know what you think for next time...was that okay to do it that way...or are we suppose to fill in the groove if we go to deep and re-groove it?

Here's some pictures-

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Hi Everyone! Going to try to do my first groove! 18 Feb 2012 23:17 #18

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Andrew,

No, you didn't have to fill in the groove but the JB Qwik has a tendancy to flow a little bit.

What you want to do in cases like that is after the JBQ hardens, sweep the bit through the groove to clear anything that oozed through.

You want to maintain the shape of the groove throughout, also when your doing that you can touch up any spots that may be a little rough or shallow.

Nice job.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.
Gadgetman Tacoma

Re: Hi Everyone! Going to try to do my first groove! 18 Feb 2012 23:33 #19

• Drew4ster
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes. Thats kind of what I was thinking. I did touch it up a little after the JB kwik. Thanks for your inpute. I think after looking it all over in the end that the angle I grooved at might have been a little steep, but we will see. I do have the van all back together now. We were getting about 15 mpg before, so we will see what it increases too. There is definitly more power, so thats good. I was able to get the PCV valve located and rerouted with out too much difficulty as well.

Here's some pictures of what I did to the Idle Air Control-

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by Drew4ster. Reason: Pictures did not upload
  • Page: