Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: ECU conditioning procedure

ECU conditioning procedure 03 Mar 2012 03:14 #1

• Nathan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, My name is Nathan from BC.,Canada I'm new to this forum and just got my personal training program kit.I just did a groove on a 2004 Dodge Caravan. I was getting 19 miles to the gallon before the groove.
My question is can you just disconnect the pos. on the battery and turn the key to the on position for 12 hrs. or do you have to go through the starting and stopping procedure also for the conditioning of the ECU?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: ECU conditioning procedure 03 Mar 2012 08:38 #2

• EdHoffman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ron already wrote a doc about this.
See the 5th document at this link:
Welcome to Gadgetman Land! The Gadgetman Groove: The World's Best in Fuel Economy

Re: ECU conditioning procedure 03 Mar 2012 13:21 #3

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Both are applicable, actually. By resetting the ECU, you will both accelerate the conditioning process as well as avoid the issue of a "locked" computer.

How many times have you heard someone say something like "I get 16 MPGs uphill, fully loaded, pulling a 35' trailer or empty, downhill with a tailwind." This is evidence of the computer locking.

Dan may have another name for it, but these are the facts. Our job is to reduce the resistance the computer has to better MPG's!

Keep Groovin'!

Re: ECU conditioning procedure 04 Mar 2012 00:46 #4

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ron is correct it will lock down, so when you reset it will start to relearn and the mileage will begin to rise slowly with a fresh new start. Dan gadgetman mo.

• Page: