Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: PCV on 1994 Buick

PCV on 1994 Buick 11 Mar 2012 17:56 #1

• orrist
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I was woundering if some one could tell me where the pvc is on a 1994 buick la saber 3.8 moter my name is orrist michalenka I live in portage la prairie manitoba canada

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by orrist. Reason: forgot to put in my name

PCV on 1994 Buick 11 Mar 2012 19:03 #2

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Orrist,

Welcome aboard.

According to "AutoZone", your PCV Valve is located...

Under hood, center, upper engine area, top of engine, mounted in passenger side of intake manifold.

And that is for a 1994 Buick Lesabre 3.8L SFI OHV 6cyl

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.
Gadgetman Tacoma

PCV on 1994 Buick 11 Mar 2012 19:20 #3

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Orrist,
Welcome to Gadgetmanland! It's great to hear from Canada. If you need any more help with the Buick, don't hesitate to post your question here or you are welcome to give me a call at 607.590.0391. We are here to help our fellow family members.
Nick - Gadgetman in the Fingerlakes of New York

PCV on 1994 Buick 12 Mar 2012 02:20 #4

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi Orrist!

Yes, the pcv on this engine is on the passenger side of intake. If I remember correctly, there is a grey cover that partially surrounds the intake. Take this off and under it on, pass side, you will find a large cap, kind of oblong, with long slots opposite each other. Look closely at this and there should be arrows showing "on/off" or something like this. The pcv valve is under this cap. Push down on the cap and twist it to release the spring pressure.

As far as how to cap off the "vac leak" at this pcv valve, look under Youtube Groove service bullitins. I have not encountered on of these yet.

Hope this helps. If your in Michigan, call me at 1-231-203-3072 and let's get together!

Scott Castleberg
Pellston, MI
Gadgetman Michigan
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

PCV on 1994 Buick 12 Mar 2012 04:29 #5

• orrist
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for the help I will have look tomorro
orrist

Re: PCV on 1994 Buick 23 Apr 2012 00:02 #6

• orrist
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
orrist in portage la prairie mb thanks for the help found pvc on buick going to do the groove this week John my boss done his 2006 chev hafe ton befor the groove 0 to 60 km was 12 sec. after the groove it was 9 sec. it was a real dog before lots of power now. Now milage data as he dose not drive it his girl friend dose.Will let everyone know if there is a milage increse when we find out.I am haveing a problem finding a scane gage that will read the codes on my 1994 buick if anybody knows of a good one please let me know.
THanks
Orrist Michalenka
Portage la prairie mb.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: PCV on 1994 Buick 23 Apr 2012 01:00 #7

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
sorry but obd1 will not show the trims as these are the dumb computers. Im sure youll see good results on the buick, 96 and newer you can read whats happening. I still reccomend reset computer on obd1 also as itll learn quicker. happy grooving. Dan gadgetman mo.

Re: PCV on 1994 Buick 23 Apr 2012 02:03 #8

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Orrist TracyG in Reno Nevada here. Look under drivers side dash on anything '96-up to see what an OBDII connector plug looks like, then look under your buick's dash to see if it's same. GM started transitioning to OBDII protocol on some vehicles starting in '94 yours might be either OBDI or OBDII. Might also call a GM Dealer and ask a service tech what the answer for yours is. Need to know answer on this to know what type scan tool is needed. Try Google search for scan tool you will find LOTS out there. I bought an Actron CP9190 Elite AutoScanner Pro cause it has provisions for GM Ford and Chrysler OBDI and also OBDII and CAN. Not cheap though cost me 350 bucks at Summit Racing. If you're gonna do more than just yours or a few vehicles then a versatile scan tool is where its at IMHO. Might also go to youtube and enter scan tool and see what comes up. There's a video there 15 min long from a guy who bought same scanner as mine that's what convinced me to get it. you might not want/need so much capability, if you look around online you will learn a lot! BTW, I'm no hotshot pro w/ Dealership Factory training, so I was blown away by how much info is in these car computers! Amazing stuff--but what is REALLY intense are the Scantools they make today for serious pros, those things will about cook your dinner tell your fortune and read you a bedtime story!!!LOL ANyhow hope this helps! TracyG
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Re: PCV on 1994 Buick 25 Apr 2012 04:07 #9

• Scott Castleberg
  • Thank you received: 12
Hello again Orrist!

Well, as Dan said, pre '96 is OBD1 and uses a different hook up connector altogether. At the dealership I work at we have a "Tech 1" which reads pre '96 stuff. We also have a Snap ON scanner that read it, but limited data on OBD1 stuff. Your best bet might be staying simple - measure engine, coolant, exhaust temps before and after if possible. Measure at multiple spots - same spots before and after. The reading should get cooler after the mod.

Happy Grooving!

Scott Castleberg
Pellston, MI
Gadgetman Michigan
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

• Page: