Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1991 Mazda B2600i truck - first project

1991 Mazda B2600i truck - first project 18 Jul 2012 19:51 #1

• Energyalaska
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Howdy. I have a 1991 Mazda B2600i pickup with 57k miles and this is my first project under the Personal License. Located in Fairbanks, Alaska. So far I have read the training paperwork, and also saw the Gadgetman in action at the Bedini-Linderman conference July 1, 2012. I bought a factory manual on Amazon, and a spare throttle body on eBay as it was not expensive and I'd like a little practice. My Dremel and bits showed up, and I've got the cutting fluid, vacuum plugs, and so on, ready. Need to buy a pick to clean the bit with but I am pretty close. Any words of sage advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 1991 Mazda B2600i truck - first project 19 Jul 2012 08:49 #2

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Welcome aboard, EnergyAlaska!

Sounds like you are about ready to start you Grooving. Good idea on practicing, I did a few trial runs before I did one for real. Might try scrounging from shops or junkyards--damaged TB's w/ a broken corner, etc that are worthless as parts...

I'd get some type of metal epoxy for filler, JB Quick works for me, similar products discussed on the site. Be sure and get goggles for your eyes. Acetone(nail polish remover) works to clean up JBQuick before its hard so does carb. clean. I use fine sandpaper or foam sanding pads, and a small flat Ignition file to smooth down burrs/raised edge on newly cut Grooves

Also highly recommend you read through this site thouroughly--lots of info here! Click the Index button top of page check tools of the trade, Other Stuff, etc. I read a bunch before my first try.

Always ask questions here, if you take pics of your work it helps us help you!

Welcome to Gadgetmanland, EnergyAlaska!!:cheer:

TracyG Gadgetman Reno
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: