Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: How do you deal with the skepticism?

How do you deal with the skepticism? 08 Sep 2012 04:58 #1

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 8
I posted a glowing review of the Gadgetman Groove on Reddit.com
Here is the link:

Here's another delightful comment:

Plugging the PCV Valve? Hello moisture!
Seriously, the main things that a PCV valve does is allow air to flow in the crank case and release pressure built up from combustion. If you've ever seen a under the valve cover of a car that's been driven with a plugged PCV valve for a year or better, you'd be shocked at the amount of sludge that can accumulate...
Seems like a scam to me, but it's your car, man. Do whatever you'd like, and I hope it works for you. That being said, I don't think I'll be doing this to anything I own.

My plan is to help spread the word about the Gadgetman Groove.Anytime I know something that can help out the general public. I love to share it with everyone else. I'm just like that. Also I plan on saving up my money to start doing the Gadgetman Groove so I can bring in extra income so my wife can stay home with our future child. I plan on saving my money to learn from Ron himself when I drive to Montana in the future.

But so much negativity out there. It's sad because a lot of people are very skeptical and close minded.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: How do you deal with the skepticism? 08 Sep 2012 10:00 #2

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Juan,

It is very unfortunate that so many people like the ones you encountered are so adept at wearing their blinders so tightly.

To answer your question as to why?...

The one individual threw it right in your face... "I'm not open minded because I have two automotive degrees and my credentials do not end there. They extend for decades."

and with that, they do not believe anything else is possible.

I have encountered a number of persons with similiar degrees and because of those degrees they find it impossible, even with supporting statements from other venues, to bend in the slightest bit to what could possibly be an exception to what they have been taught.

For the longest time, Einsteins theories were considered rock solid until new blood with new ideas and approaches started proving mathematically that some of those "standards" were in fact incorrect.

You try to give them information to support what you have experienced first hand and they make every attempt to turn it around on you. They are very good at reading only what they want and finding the negative in it.

The statement made regarding the moisture in the oil and the sludge, etc.. if they did the proper maintenance on those vehicles, those issues would not exist. Ron has said it, others have repeated it, the Groove is not a cure-all for poor maintenance.

We try to educate gently, when they indicate their non-receptive tendancies you have to just thank them for their time and let it go. It is difficult to communicate with someone when they have all those degrees blocking reasonable communications.

Welcome aboard,

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington

Re: How do you deal with the skepticism? 08 Sep 2012 11:50 #3

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
To clarify,

No one has ever recommended plugging the PCV valve! We do discuss plugging the vacuum to it at its source, letting it breath and connecting it to the intake airstream ahead of the throttle body.

We all need to be clear concerning this very important detail. Plugging the PCV valve is bad for the engine and never recommended! Engines need to breath. The responder is correct.

We plug the vacuum leading to the PCV to increase the engine's vacuum allowing the Groove to work better.

It is great to get the word out, but if we post to other forum's our posts must be technically correct.

Re: How do you deal with the skepticism? 08 Sep 2012 14:42 #4

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
All this being said, every time a mention is made, The Gadgetman Groove enters their consciousness. When it does, at least subconsciously, their minds must file the data.

Eventually, they will be forced (because of their dominate logical mind) to deal with the increasing number of positive reports. They MUST come to the conclusion that SOMETHING is happening. More importantly, that something they don't understand is happening.

Then, they will become investigators rather than critics.

Be patient. It is a process as certain as the tide.

It worked that way for you, too, didn't it?

Re: How do you deal with the skepticism? 08 Sep 2012 17:26 #5

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer

Nick wrote: To clarify,

No one has ever recommended plugging the PCV valve! We do discuss plugging the vacuum to it at its source, letting it breath and connecting it to the intake airstream ahead of the throttle body.

We all need to be clear concerning this very important detail. Plugging the PCV valve is bad for the engine and never recommended! Engines need to breath. The responder is correct.

We plug the vacuum leading to the PCV to increase the engine's vacuum allowing the Groove to work better.

It is great to get the word out, but if we post to other forum's our posts must be technically correct.

Thank you all for the great feedback. I always thought we plugged the PCV Valve.Nick, Where is the vacuum usually at that leads to the PCV? I think I will contact the mechanic that through Ron I met. He will charge me a good price to take off the intake manifold to access the PCV Valve.

Re: How do you deal with the skepticism? 08 Sep 2012 21:38 #6

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Juan,
You should not need to access the PCV valve to plug the vacuum to it. I say should not because we have seen some funky ones with electrical monitoring etc. What needs to be determined is where the valve is receiving its vacuum and plug the vacuum source not the valve itself.

I looked through the diagrams on the related post and could not identify the PCV valve. If you know which one it is, please let us know its number. We may be able to help then.

Keep after it you'll get it. Call me if you wish.

As far as the skepticism subject is concerned...there are different levels from healthy to mind already made up. Not everyone (way less than 50% in this country) will even consider the Groove a possibility. It is ironic how the most "free" country in the world currently contains the most close minded, brainwashed folks in the world. Which means they are not free but imprisoned in there own minds. Just keep plugging.

Last edit: by Nick. Reason: Add to it.

How do you deal with the skepticism? 28 Feb 2013 08:23 #7

• Juan Reyes
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
I was explaining the benefits of the Gadgetman Groove to a good friend of mine via phone text. This is what he wrote back. I can't waitto prove him wrong. B) below is what he said:

I find that I have two guiding principles in parts of my life: skepticism and capitalism. I think that if something was this easy and could do so much, sometime would have commercialized it, very successfully if it can do all you claim.

How do you deal with the skepticism? 28 Feb 2013 09:09 #8

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The very simple answer to your question is you don't.

What I encourage skeptics to do is to go online and check it out. Let them do their own research and do NOT try to persuade them. This generally causes hard feelings as their knowledge (smarts) are being challenged if you challenge it. Let them educate themselves and make their own decisions.

Here's a real good rule to live by:

"Some will, some won't. So what? NEXT!"

How do you deal with the skepticism? 19 Mar 2013 02:04 #9

• Dries Fourie
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 7
Hello you all, is this controversial subject (PCV) somewhere to be seen on a photo or a video? I feel like Rip van Winkle. I cant be that unconscious (maybe old???) or else never saw it for what it was?

How do you deal with the skepticism? 19 Mar 2013 02:13 #10

• Dries Fourie
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 7
No offense meant but I've also come across some people like that and the phrase comes to mind "Takes three kinds of people to make the world, those who wish something would happen, those who MAKES things happen and those who wonder what happened?" Have a positive day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron

How do you deal with the skepticism? 19 Mar 2013 06:26 #11

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
There is one tool I use with religious regularity. That is the internet.

Simply perform a search for "Crankcase Ventilation System".

If I can teach you all only one thing, it is how to find the answers for yourselves. This is a truly great power.

• Page: