Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Improving Your Groove

Improving Your Groove 21 Sep 2012 16:20 #1

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I received a letter from Sergey, our Master License Holder in Russia (he's here as "PowerCenter") back in February, and it got lost during Groove Tour 2012.

In this document, Sergey shares some discoveries he made about Grooving and an additional modification that can help improve Groove performance.

Here is that letter for your education...

Hi, Ron!
There's some good news!
We've got even better results when drilled a second groove with back bit. There have the best results for power. Regarding fuel economy data is collected. Here a picture:

And the second successful action - do gentle walls on the inside of the throttle from the air filter side. Here are the pictures.
Here the normal situation (not all, but at many throttle it looks like):

Here, as you have to do:

Use this for all!

Sincerely, Sergey.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Improving Your Groove 21 Sep 2012 18:34 #2

• Rick Ensor
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ron,

Have you or anyone else duplicated this?

Sergy, can you distinguish how much better were the results for each of your improvements? Can you give any results for 1.) the first groove alone, 2.) improved results with the second groove, and 3.) improved results with the new bevel on the entrance to the throttle body?

Rick

Re: Improving Your Groove 21 Sep 2012 23:54 #3

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Notes:

The "Back Bit" Sergey is referring to is only available at the Certified Level. Once you see it, you will understand why!

I have no data on the results. I would be interested in seeing some, though!

R.

Re: Improving Your Groove 22 Sep 2012 19:24 #4

• bigrey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Rick Ensor wrote:
Sergy, can you distinguish how much better were the results for each of your improvements? Can you give any results for 1.) the first groove alone, 2.) improved results with the second groove, and 3.) improved results with the new bevel on the entrance to the throttle body?

Rick

Hi, Rick!
Here are approximately results of MPG:
1) 15%
2) 20%
3) 25%

Sergey.

Re: Improving Your Groove 22 Sep 2012 20:47 #5

• phil
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
That sloped entrance bit (air filter side), will cause the air to stick to it and direct it into the groove. Its called the coanda effect.

Re: Improving Your Groove 25 Sep 2012 05:19 #6

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Hi Ron and Sergey, in looking at these diagrams I see that the second Groove at top, on air filter side is shown two ways. First one, top diagram,, is reversed, flat side away from throttle blade. In second and third diagram the new Groove is cut flat side to throttle blade.

Which is correct?:huh:

Thanks!

TracyG Gadgetman Reno
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Re: Improving Your Groove 25 Sep 2012 18:00 #7

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hia, I beleave its the first one. the one that is hard to do ,
Ive just serviced my groove and vaccum lines to breakservo and have redone the groove with jbweld i found some here in germany, I used the medium bit.And i also removed iac.

Ive grinded the entrance walls off tb. Making it more airodynamic.
Ive realiced that the engine runs a little smother in lower rpms.

As for using etanol, What ever the liquid it needs to be vaporised in oder to explode,
as i now usually mix gasoline about 95 octane with e85 with is 85 percent alcohol.

The car likes it espesially notaceble after 4000rpm.

as my car has a 2.3liter i guess the medium bit is ideal,

Re: Improving Your Groove 26 Sep 2012 05:15 #8

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Good for you, Markus! Well If you can get real 95 octane gas, then mix it w/e85, you will wind up with a hi-octane brew. Straight 100% Ethanol is over 100 octane. IT has less BTU content than gasoline but lots higher octane. I would guess that your engine likes this brew you mix at higher RPM, 'cause the Ignition is advanced at this RPM, plus the ethanol cools the air/fuel charge as it evaporates. Ethanol contains oxygen. This all in addition to what the wonderful Groove is doing for your motor! Wish we had high octane gas and e85 available where I live!!

Your fuel brew must increase power, how about economy?

And I agree w/ you I think it's the first diagram that is right, I'd like to be sure!

Cheers, Markus!!
TracyG Gadgetman Reno
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

Re: Improving Your Groove 26 Sep 2012 11:07 #9

• bigrey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
All true. Both variants of groove are working. But the first one is more efficient.

Re: Improving Your Groove 13 Nov 2012 00:52 #10

• phil
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I had a go at one of these back cuts,TB in a vice its a 2 handed job

I used the normal bit with a router attachment I got with my dremel 4000.
Its got an adjustable height plate. It does make a VERY neat groove, however only at right angles to the wall and did not follow the arc .

The TB it was on had a nice flat mounting flange for the router to run over.

I dont see why the dremel router attachment cant be modified to cut at the perfect angle, maybe by adding an angled block of something to the base plate of the router attachment.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Page: