Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2010 Dodge Journey got the GROOVE !!!

2010 Dodge Journey got the GROOVE !!! 09 Sep 2011 08:00 #1

• travis07010
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share with you how my wife's 2010 Dodge Journey responded to receiving the Gadgetmangroove. First of all my name is Travis and I am participating in the Personal License Pilot Program...
I recently performed the modification to my wife's vehicle, I was not sure how it would respond since it was so new, however I am pleased and so is she with the result. It was a bit challenging the throttle body was located low on the engine not easy to get too. Once I was able to remove it I performed the modification without a hitch it was a smooth process to complete. Once I was finished I put every thing back on the vehicle. I blocked the PCV to increase the intake vacuum after doing that my gauge read 22hg. She took the test drive and immediately said it has more power, I pointed to the exhaust pipe and said can you smell anything coming out, she walked around and bent down to check. No she was amazed she said it does not smell like anything just hot air.

After running a full tank through my wife had 2 comparisons for me both receipts showed almost identical gallons purchased. the final result on the tank of gas shows she gained 5.73 miles per gallon. Now keep in mind that was only the first tank ran through since the modification was performed, it should go up more after another tank or two. Needless to say she is happy and so am I.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 2010 Dodge Journey got the GROOVE !!! 09 Sep 2011 14:26 #2

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Wow Travis! You are doing a great job. Isn't this fun? The Groove is like a miracle when you see it happen. Keep up the good work.

Re: 2010 Dodge Journey got the GROOVE !!! 09 Sep 2011 23:18 #3

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Travis, very impressive. This tells me it is possible to do the groove on newer vehicles.

Tell me how you decided where the groove was to be placed at?

GadgetmanNebraska Aron Cheek Keep up the good work!!! FUN, FUN!!

Re: 2010 Dodge Journey got the GROOVE !!! 10 Sep 2011 00:22 #4

• travis07010
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Aron, Thanks for the comment...as far as how did i know where to place the groove I actually used Ron's approach since it was control by wire and the idle air was actually controled by the throttle plate I placed a thin shim in between the throttle plate and body to lock it in place(business card thickness) like I said in the beginning I was not sure what to expect however I was pleased with the end result. You will know right away becuase of irratic fast idle.

Re: 2010 Dodge Journey got the GROOVE !!! 17 Sep 2011 20:06 #5

• travis07010
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Here is an updated video of my wife's Dodge journey.

• Page: