Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1994 Toyota Camry 2.2L gets Groovy

1994 Toyota Camry 2.2L gets Groovy 16 Oct 2011 21:30 #1

• ShadetreeLifer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I've just completed road testing my '94 Camry with 257,445 miles and I'm just tickled to tell you how good this car runs now. I have only owned this car for one year and bought it as a fixer-upper for my son. Last year we tuned it up and replaced the timing belt, water pump and oil pump along with belts and hoses. Although it ran good, it still had sluggish acceleration and got 23 city/ 33 hwy mpg. After Grooving the throttle body with the Gadgetman Groove bit, this little car woke up! It now thinks it's a sports car. Throttle response was greatly improved and I'm starting to notice mpg improvements. On this last trip, with only 520 miles since the modification, the car got 36 mpg and would have gotten more if we had kept our foot out of the throttle!
While cutting the Groove, I also rerouted the idle air pathways past the groove to prevent conflict. Also, I capped the PCV port on the intake port and the throttle body. That left two valve cover holes that I rerouted to the breather box.
Thanks, Ron, for this Personal License Program.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 1994 Toyota Camry 2.2L gets Groovy 17 Oct 2011 08:39 #2

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Great news, Larry!

Thanks for taking part in this. I do believe we may have a winner with The Personal License Program!

What do you think?

Ron

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: