Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 95 Dodge Neon - First Groove - St. Louis, MO

95 Dodge Neon - First Groove - St. Louis, MO 22 Jan 2013 04:31 #1

• Mike Myers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,
I've completed my first groove and it appears to be successful. Checking mileage over the next few tank fulls now and hoping for the best.

Overview:

1. Cut groove with large bit. Did have some small cut-through.
2. Created flashing patch to cover IAC with 1/8" hole for idle.
3. Sealed an external hose that I'm not even sure what it did. Can anyone tell me what it does and if I was correct in sealing it? Photos below.

A. Started up on first try. Idled a little rough at first but smoothed out after the computer reset was completed.
B. Noticed that the accelerator is a bit more touchy now. A little less smooth from a stop. Reverse needs more accelerator to move.
C. Overall smoother running while regular driving. Very good highway speed pickup.

I'll put up my process shots in another post but wondering if they should go in this Personal License section, Groovy Vehicles, or Automotive? Thanks! It's been a fun first run at it.

Mike Myers
St. Louis, MO

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 95 Dodge Neon - First Groove - St. Louis, MO 22 Jan 2013 19:55 #2

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Mike, The line is evap from gas tank the ecu will smooth out all the things you have listed as its driven and shut off,keep in mind the ecu is learning the new fuel mixtures and will adj the transmission and idle and shift points. It wont take to long for the learn process ,keep up the good work. That is the first car and engine I put my fuel reformer on before I was doing groove I avg mpg before was 26 after the reformer 56mpg consistent, I sold car before I started doing the groove wondered what it would have done with groove. Dan

Re: 95 Dodge Neon - First Groove - St. Louis, MO 26 Jan 2013 23:58 #3

• Mike Myers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks much Dan. I'll post my process next. What is the reformer? 56mpg, wow!

• Page: