Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2006 Nissan Altima - First Groove

2006 Nissan Altima - First Groove 19 Apr 2013 07:56 #13

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
Thank you Tracy, I'll look into extremespark and see if they have anything I can use on my Altima.

Latest experiment last night was removing my hardwired connection to my vehicle sensors. Relinquishing control back to the car wasn't my first idea, but after rethinking and re-reading the manuals that Ron put together I figured it couldn't hurt to give the computer a try at working with the groove.

I'll be doing some longer test runs over the weekend, but so far the vehicle is running smoother and settled down in about 5 minutes after resetting the computer.

Getting gains like this is supposed to be hard, i'm supposed to have to maintain everything and keep a close eye on it so that I can re-tune if I need to. This groove is too easy, its crazy simple and I don't have to do anything but drive this thing. This is crazy, and to think about what i've spent hooking up my vehicles....no i'm not going to think about it.

Thank you to everyone for all of your assistance, i'll be posting some new mpg numbers when I get them after the weekend.

Ken Bittle
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy Gallaway

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2006 Nissan Altima - First Groove 19 Apr 2013 18:47 #14

• Tracy Gallaway
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Thank you received: 564
Good for you, Ken! IT does sound like you have "rung the bell" so to speak!

Next stop 60 MPG, maybe?

I'll be thrilled if I can approach 50 MPG, that's been a goal of mine for my Subaru for several years.

Let us all know how it goes!

Tracy G
Tracy Gallaway
Founder and Constant Aide to Gadgetman
Gadgetman Reno, NV

2006 Nissan Altima - First Groove 21 Apr 2013 22:32 #15

• Ken Bittle
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 61
Latest numbers are with the groove only, I turned my hydrogen off so that I could get some data to talk about when people talk to me about what the groove itself can do for them. And after a lot of driving this weekend I have some hwy and city numbers.

Groove Only
27.5 city
45 hwy

What?? That's 50% over stock hwy, 30% over stock city. Or its 20% over hho enhanced city and the same mileage on the hwy with hho.

These numbers have me sold on telling people about the groove and leaving the hho tech for all my diesel loving friends.

Now if i can just get the jbweld to dry in my tbi intake I can get groovy on my gm 5.7 engine.

A little groove can make a 'big' difference.

Ken Bittle

2006 Nissan Altima - First Groove 22 Apr 2013 05:08 #16

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
You now have Groove Fever, Ken!

Congratulations!

Now, on your JB, either it's too old (happens) or your mix was off. Try making a test batch and if it doesn't harden, throw it out and get new stuff.

That's 'Life in Gadgetman Land...'

Ron

• Page: