Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1995 Jeep Cherokee get the (first) Groove

1995 Jeep Cherokee get the (first) Groove 26 Oct 2011 02:58 #1

• Kenneth Woodham
  • Extended License Holder
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi everyone. New man on the block here. I just finished cutting my first groove in the personal license program. The wall on the throttle body looked a little thin so i used the medium bit. Followed Ron's DVD instructions and everything went well. Great engine response, this thing will fly now. Too early to tell about MPG and will sell the vehicle anyway. Plugged the PVC off. Noticed that it has an IDLE AIR HOLE just below the groove, and kind of a large hole at that, so i unplugged the idle air motor connection just to see, but made no difference so i plugged it back up. I really could not see any way to modify it other than just filling it up with JB WELD. Any suggestions. Run the engine up to temperature still not difference, or so it seemed with the thing plugged or unplugged. I will check further for vacuum leaks over the weekend as time permits.
Kenneth Woodham
Gadgetman Cheraw, SC

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 1995 Jeep Cherokee get the (first) Groove 27 Oct 2011 15:12 #2

• samperth
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hi hotdog,
here is my 2 cents worth...
You could download the 'rerouting the idle air pathway' pdf from the 'documents' section of the 'gadgetman land' heading at bottom of this page. It has good data in it.
To help the above process you could put a bead of jb weld along the outside wall and that should help where you think the 'reroute' might go through the outside wall .
I hope this helps in any way

Re: 1995 Jeep Cherokee get the (first) Groove 28 Oct 2011 01:17 #3

• Kenneth Woodham
  • Thank you received: 8
Great idea using JB WELD to provide a channel on the outside wall for the rerouting of the air. I have considered using a pc. of copper tubing with short solder 90 degree bends, drill holes for the 90 degee bends to poke through and JB WELD them in place to hold them and seal air leaks as well. I will pull it back off and take a much closer look and do the mod. Thanks for your input, i appreciate it. Kenneth
Kenneth Woodham
Gadgetman Cheraw, SC

• Page: