Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 5 Gas analyser on a temp trial

5 Gas analyser on a temp trial 10 Nov 2011 04:02 #1

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
Got a call from my local manufacturer of automotive test/diagnostic equipment. They have agreed to let me try a Ferret model 16 Gas Analyser with printer for a week or so. I'm hoping I can use it untill Thanksgiving. This will be a real test for me and proof of the affect the groove has on emissions. I talked to Ron today and plan on doing some video with my two vehicles. I've also got the OK to do the groove on a 2004 Ford Taurus that failed the test in Illinois due to converter issues.

As I told Ron, I will offer to thank the company, GXT Automotive, with "Grooves" as proof of this technology. Pray that all goes well!

Look forward to test results this weekend and videos coming soon under the "Gadgetmanmichigan" label.

Scott Castleberg
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 5 Gas analyser on a temp trial 22 Nov 2011 14:55 #2

• Gadgetman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
What all did you learn with the analyzer, Scott?

Re: 5 Gas analyser on a temp trial 25 Nov 2011 05:19 #3

• Scott Castleberg
  • Thank you received: 12
Well, I learned how to use it and how the groove affects emissions. I also learned that if you don't have $6,000 laying around, you still need something to record the engine changes from the groove - like a thermometer for starters. Patience is a virtue and never give up - Edison didn't invent the lightbulb the first try!

Thanks for all your help Ron!

Scott
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

• Page: