Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Results Are In!

The Results Are In! 12 Nov 2011 20:40 #1

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
Well folks, got the gas analyser yesterday - NICE! Ran tests on our 2002 Olds Silhouette with 3.4 liter engine. Readings started out high but settled down when it reached op temp. I'll let it cool down so I can get "Cold" readings.

Engine speed 684 rpm
Hydrocarbons HC 14 ppm
Carbon Monoxide CO 0.01%
Oxygen O2 2.9 %
Carbon Dioxide CO2 12.8 %
oxides of Nitro NOx 0 ppm
Air Fuel Ratio AFR 16.01
Lambda 1.15

So there you have it. I will next run tests on my 2003 Chevy 2500 - cold & hot.

Scott
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Results Are In! 12 Nov 2011 22:38 #2

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Scott,

How do you like the Ferret 16? That is the unit I use for my testing and I like it.

A couple of questions:
Are the 5 gas results on modified or unmodified engines?
Why do you need to get the 5 gas readings at cold temperatures? This will show you how much is changed by a hot cat. Is there another purpose?

Nick
Gadgetman of the Fingerlakes of New York

The Results Are In! 13 Nov 2011 01:56 #3

• Scott Castleberg
Hi Nick!

The results are on a modified engine. My neighbor has a similar minivan which I will try to test tomorrow and get an idea of unmodified results. As far as cold and hot results, I just wanted to see how things would change. Obviously the computer changes fuel delivery from open to closed loop, I wanted to see the difference.

On another note, I ran the test on my 2003 Chevy 2500 with 6.0 liter. The best readings I got were as follows:

HC 73 ppm
CO .04%
O2 .2%
CO2 14.2%
NOx 0 ppm
AFR 13.98

The exhaust did not smell like a dryer vent. I realize not all vehicles will have great results and great mileage. I've talked to friends to get requests for grooves, but they want mileage gains more than emissions results and they want them asap. One gentleman could not understand how makeing an immdediate change to his engine would not give him an immediate increase in mileage. What do you say to these people? Thanks for your help.

Scott
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

The Results Are In! 13 Nov 2011 13:35 #4

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Scott,
Every vehicle is different. A better 5 gas reading can only be determined when compared with a baseline taken pre-groove. All measurements need to be taken when the cat is at operating temperature so I always try to drive the vehicle before taking a reading. Once the modification is complete, always go through the ECU conditioning procedure before taking a reading. Vacuum leaks and not plugging the PCV port will show little to no results.

Concerning future customers, the modification process is just that, a process. It is not a black box we add and flip a switch. There are many variables that each vehicle brings to the process so there is no way we can guarantee immediate results. Many customers experience increasing improved results over four or more tanks of gas. Some engines are so worn out that there is no improvement. Before you start the modification the customer needs to agree that this is a process. We guarantee complete satisfaction, but we can't guarantee any specific results. Point potential customers to the many YouTube testimonials. Not everyone will want to "take a chance" (as they see it). Many of our neighbors in our country have been taught to believe a narrow spectrum of ideas that the establishment approves of, they have been conditioned to believe anything outside that spectrum is most likely a lie and anyone talking about these ideas are charlatans or conspiracy theorists. When you come across people with this narrow perspective, move on to someone else. There are still many of us our there with open minds looking for the truth which is stranger than the fiction they have been taught to believe.

I hope this helps you with your marketing. We are offering a wonderful opportunity to the world that is outside what many people can believe. Many times when I see the results it seems like a miracle. A little Groove definitely makes a huge difference.

Last edit: by Nick. Reason: grammar

Re: The Results Are In! 13 Nov 2011 20:01 #5

• Scott Castleberg
Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply. I realize this is not "pixie dust" to solve a vehicles problems. If a car or truck is sick, the groove will help but the results will be tainted by the "sickness". My 2002 Silhouette has the original O2 sensors, which have been setting codes. As a mechanic at a GM dealership, I am surrounded by people that think anything "alternative" is way outside the "acceptable" box. As the movie line goes, "if you build it, they will come." In this case, I will rephrase it and say "If you Groove it, they will come and bring others of like mind". Thank you again.

By the way, did you find the deer?

Scott
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Re: The Results Are In! 22 Nov 2011 15:01 #6

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
At first, after The Groove, the increased level of moisture in the exhaust will inevitably cause the emissions to rise, albeit temporarily. This is caused by a "de-plaqueing" effect as the steam begins to rinse the deposits from the walls of the exhaust system.

Now, if you've run the vehicle, and it STILL smells bad, then you most certainly have a vacuum leak. Whether it's the PCV or a cracked hose, the results are the same. You MUST ensure the integrity of the intake manifold is as completely restored as possible.

Just one of the very few things that can cause a failure of the modification.

You're going to make a PHENOMENAL Gadgetman!

• Page: