Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2003 hummer 6.0 h2

2003 hummer 6.0 h2 30 Nov 2011 21:09 #1

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Grooved 2003 6.0 hummer h2. Before mod it was getting 12 mpg. After 18 mpg.

Increases started right away.

I also plugged port where pcv line enters, and vented pcv.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AronCheek.

Re: 2003 hummer 6.0 h2 01 Dec 2011 14:14 #2

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dan, these are some very impressive results from your Hummer mod. ATTENTION!!!! all Hummer owners, there's light at the end of the tunnel!!!

This is a big Hummer to boot, and is extremely heavy.

Tell us all on the service bulletins where pcv is and what kind of throttle body it was.

Was it a fly by wire, or cable driven.

Again, I have to say I'm very happy to see such great results you are getting and your persistence. Keep up the good work and have fun grooving.

GadgetmanNebraska Aron Cheek A little groove makes a big difference!!!!!

Re: 2003 hummer 6.0 h2 08 Dec 2011 22:56 #3

• Scott Castleberg
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Mechanical Coach SUPERSTAR
  • Thank you received: 12
Dan,

Just worked on a 2003 H2 here at the dealership-put 4 large snows on. The engine looks the same as my 2003 2500 HD, but after doing the groove on it my mileage stayed the same. Could you tell me how you positioned the groove? I also plugged off the pcv port and vented it. Thanks a million for your help!

Scott
Scott Castleberg
Gadgetman Pellston MI

Re: 2003 hummer 6.0 h2 09 Dec 2011 05:15 #4

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Scott, I first hook up scanner and check tps when cold, then key on after I take it off and I push butterfly till I reach same position then mark throttle, but before you groove use the card trick Ron uses just to mark, this will hold it in place, cut groove at 15 degree angle full depth following butterfly there is about a 32nd ridge youll go through both sides, after groove is cut bevel butterfly slightly as to help air flow. Plug pcv and also the 90 degree tube on back of throttle body , this creates more vacum before butterfly which you wouldnt think makes a difference but it does as it creates an even flow to the intake. Dan Gadgetman Mo.

Re: 2003 hummer 6.0 h2 08 Feb 2012 02:57 #5

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I called this guy on the hummer for an update still very happy holding about 18 mpg.

Re: 2003 hummer 6.0 h2 08 Feb 2012 03:24 #6

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Dan, this is very good news.

We love to see the 18 mpg and still holding since it has been cold weather lately also.

The importance of plugging the elbow is very important info as this does effect the air flow in the tb and intake also.

I would add that we need the pcv tube and the passive tube from the valve cover that was hooked up to the right angle elbow needs to be put in the intake tube from the airfilter box.

Keep up the good work, and do the mods, do the mods, do the mods, and lets keep learning guys. GadgetmanNebraska Aron Cheek

• Page: