Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: grooving

grooving 06 Jan 2012 01:33 #1

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Isnt anybody grooving anything? Doesnt seem like we`re getting much posted if they are. If your doing them please get them on the forum anyway so it will make it easier for all of us.If your having any problems get it on here and we`ll figure it out we have alot of knowledgeable gadgetmen on the forum. We need to get this rolling as fuel is getting higher as I type.Even if its your personal stuff with all the personal license out there we should be filling the forum with grooves. Dont be afraid to ask or tell thats how we learn. Dan gadgetman Mo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: grooving 18 Jan 2012 00:55 #2

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Seems like a good spot for this (could use a chat feature I think)

Hi Dan,

More than once you have mentioned about resetting the ecu and the trims.

Is that a function in the OBD II scanner or is it more a sequence of events that retunes the ecu on its own.

I'm curious, guess I do need to read up on what my scanner does either way.

Thanks

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.
GadgetmanTacoma

Re: grooving 18 Jan 2012 03:34 #3

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Karl the ecu is reset by unplugging the batt. A good example, read long trims and unplug, then restart and check, the ecu will start 14.7 afr =o long fuel trim then the shorts will train the long. One thing alot of people don`t know is that you add the short and long numbers together and that determines how much liquid fuel your adding or taking away. neg 7 long neg 3 short = 10% liquid fuel taken away from injectors. The max the avg ecu will take without a code is -25 short -25 long=50% any more and lt comes on.same for adding 50% The ms the inj fire will reduce as the no. goes neg. I like to see 3 to 4 but 5 is ok at 65mph Most are 6 to 7 ms at normal. Dan gadgetman Mo.

Re: grooving 18 Jan 2012 04:47 #4

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Good stuff to know going forward... Thanks

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.
GadgetmanTacoma

Re: grooving 21 Jan 2012 16:53 #5

• rooneyassoc777
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Does this system work on diesels

Re: grooving 21 Jan 2012 17:00 #6

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
No, at this time the Groove does not work on diesels. The inventor, Ron Hatton, says there is hope that it will some day. We will need to do more than just the groove if it is to have an effect. Good question.

• Page: