Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.

TOPIC: going to do my first groove

going to do my first groove 16 Jan 2012 18:38 #1

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Im waiting for my dremel to arrive, have check up for the pcv valve and this engine has no pcv valve suprice.

So I will groove the throttle body and thats it i suposse,

can barley wait to get groovin , hellos from sweden :) here is a pic of a very swedish car,

I live in sweden have 2 kids, i am 33 years old. looking forwards to becoming a gadgetman. my car is a 2.3 liter no turbo year 1994 o je its a volvo :huh: and expecting good to great results, :woohoo: feel great to walk this way, best wishis to all

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mob. Reason: say a little more about myself

going to do my first groove 16 Jan 2012 23:33 #2

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sounds good make sure you check all vacum lines as with that age they get brittle and may not show leak till after groove. If you run into trouble trying to figure the groove on that throttle body post pics after you pull it off and we`ll try to help. Dan gadgetman Mo.

going to do my first groove 17 Jan 2012 10:19 #3

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
yes will send pictures when i dismantel throttlebody, I might look a bit silly but, was reading about pcv valve on this car and I guess pcv stands for possitive crank ventilation,? it said "the volvo 940 has no pcv valve but they do however have positive crank ventilaton" :blink: is there any difference? will post pictures of all tubes going to intake. will post soon again. :)

going to do my first groove 17 Jan 2012 13:34 #4

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes it the same I`ll have a line from valve cover to intake or throttle body.

going to do my first groove 23 Jan 2012 22:27 #5

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
First of all congratulation! for the promotion :)

right here we go my thougts are, plug holes on throttle body , and reconnect them to intake inbetween throttle body and air mass meter ,

I wonder if to use the medium or the big bit? to groove a big smile to my intake,
can the big bit be to big of a groove for this size motor, 4cillinder 2.3L?
Dremel shuld arrive any day now. Got a nice camera and will update this week.

mpg in europe would be kilometer per liter, Ive just come back from a 600 km trip and gas neddle shoves 1/4 tank level works out to be about 4.5 liters to 60 km this is without groove , using some magnets and special plugs,

1 mpg is 0.4251 kpl 10 mpg is 4.251 kpl 100 mpg is then 42.5 km per liter and that is about 4x better than normal around here I say less then 10 liters to 100km is good for an old volvo. the small turbo diesel use about 4.5 liters to 100km so there is my goal, lets se what next post will be like. thumbs up for gadgetmanland and everyone visiting it. with love from sweden :P

Last edit: by mob. Reason: a little grammatics correction

going to do my first groove 24 Jan 2012 00:13 #6

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
When you get a chance put pics of throttlebody outer and inner and take onthe acr and after youremoved so we can see how the ports and grooves are setting. Dan gadgetman Mo.

going to do my first groove 24 Jan 2012 07:19 #7

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Welcome aboard Markus,

Here is a link to a 1994 2.3L 940 Volvo TB

940 1994: Throttle Body Service

If it is the same that you have, the larger hose on the top may be the Positive Crankcase Vent., you'll have a better idea when you jump into it. Pic's before hand would be a good thing.

Unfortunately he didn't have a photo of the bottom.

He actually talks you through the removal so that's a plus.

Bit size would be judged by the wall thickness of the TB, to break through in a couple of spots is no big deal but any more than that and you can risk a fracture in the TB over time.

If you have JB Qwik there in Sweden or an equivalent you can add some to the outside of the potential holes before you cut the groove.

as soon as you have pictures uploaded it would be easier to make a better determination.

If you haven't watched any of Ron's video's you might want to check them out on Youtube

Search for Gadgetmangroove , gadgetmanglobal or GroovyServiBulletins

Lots of good info in the video's.

Can't wait to hear/see the results

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.

Gadgetman Tacoma

going to do my first groove 24 Jan 2012 12:55 #8

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

This message has attachments images.

going to do my first groove 24 Jan 2012 13:04 #9

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
ok the round box is next to the air filter and connects with throttel body 2 tubes on the top. The big tube before the tb one on the left goes to idel valve. the big one right goes to pcv
one of the small ones on back off tb goes to pcv , and a mettalic one on the intake manifold this one shuld be the exsaust recicling, next to the small pcv tube, This round box (that is the gasoline vapur kanister,)

Im off to buy some vacuum tubes and gasget silicone, thanks for your help:)

Last edit: by mob. Reason: correcting

going to do my first groove 24 Jan 2012 14:25 #10

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok It looks like in the pic your groove is going to be cut on the bottom so the Iac shouldnt have to be moved but you could plug to make it smaller hole in the hose. Next cap the pcv line and you could take that to one of those hoses in front of throttle body as they should be passive. It looks like the big bit should work fine but look close to make sure it has no pin holes after cut. I wouldnt plug any more than that and you should have great success. Dan gadgetman Mo.

going to do my first groove 24 Jan 2012 15:29 #11

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

going to do my first groove 24 Jan 2012 20:02 #12

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Here are some pictures,

I epoxyd the whole botom part of throttel body let it dry and did the big bit ,
good idea to parctice by starting with smallest bit. a good working possition. with plenty light, there was something about perfection and good, well i think it looks nice,This car was very easy to dismantle, will put it back together and figure out this vacuum reruting with some T connections and plugs, :dry:

Last edit: by mob. Reason: rearange pictures add text