Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Discuss the Personal License Program and talk about your experiences and questions.

TOPIC: going to do my first groove

going to do my first groove 25 Jan 2012 12:53 #13

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hello, what is lac witch tube is this?

put pcv line infront off throttelbody ,and plug it on the manifold,

egr connects behind intake manifolde metalic tube ,

have just taken the kids to school and car runs good, havent sorted out the tubes jet, I wonder all them vacuum lines going to tb and intake manifold, would it not be good to cap them all and move them closer to wards air mass flow meter.? Whitch ones are passive, what does passive mean?
Thanks upfront

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mob. Reason: correction

going to do my first groove 25 Jan 2012 14:19 #14

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Passive is air coming in before throttle body air cleaner side, after throttle body is strong vaccum. Iac is Idle air controll this is the air fed to engine just for idle. If your experimenting on your own vehicle you could move some vaccum lines around, allthough don`t cut vaccum such as brakes or emmission control, we don`t violate the laws of the states or fed govt. It may be different in Sweeden, if so go for it and keep us all posted. Never lose vaccum on the brake system. Safety first. Dan gadgetman Mo.

going to do my first groove 27 Jan 2012 17:43 #15

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Just came back from MOT and emitions were at idel CO 0.2 (0.5)max. HC 041 (100)max .CO2 12.1 . O2 3.91 lambda 1.01

at 2500rpm CO 0.3 (0.3)max. HC 28

And this is with a small exsaust leak before the cat and lambda, shuld geet better when repared, will also do some more vacuum work, Shuld get a vacuum hand pump this weekend. weld the exsaust and carryon to reprogram ecu.
Thanks for all help doing this mod, Oh je I am experiencing that the gears are changin earlyer and that there is more power, Will try to improve even more. Thanks and best wishes to all from sweden.

going to do my first groove 27 Jan 2012 17:54 #16

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sounds like you`re on your way. Do the mods! Dan gadgetman Mo.

going to do my first groove 28 Jan 2012 11:33 #17

• AronCheek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This is GadgetmanNebraska, I performed a groove on almost an identical vehicle in Colorado and the horsepower difference was phenominal.

The persons name was Dave Ireland, and he reported that it had gained 5 miles per gallon and no longer downshifted on hills.

I will have to say I've done nearly 60 mods and your first groove pictures look very good.

You should get very good results. We are still learning about what all the vacuum lines on these Volvos do , but I see Dan and Tacoma Carl have been a great resource for you.

I am very proud of the family of Gadgetmen and women and if I can be of any help to you I will do all I can do assist you also.

Sorry I have not talked to you sooner but my computer has been giving me troubles.

Great job and beuatiful pictures on your first groove.

Hope to see many more in the future from you. You will be a great addition to our family. GadgetmanNebraska Aron Cheek

Re: going to do my first groove 29 Jan 2012 17:54 #18

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Here it is my new tool a handpump vacuum tester, I tested the lines on tb and the big hose well bigger hose from gas fumes kanister leaks, and a small one on back of intake manifold going to a valve on colling liquid going in towards cockpit,
I will plug the one going to that valve, I dont know what its purpuse is. And the one on the tb I will plug it and move it to a passive place ,

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by mob. Reason: correction

Re: going to do my first groove 03 Feb 2012 18:25 #19

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have removed vacuum connection on manifold for egr and the petrol gas ventilation, This made the groove start to whistel. This is a good thing.

I have now to repair exaust leak before lambdasond O2 sensoer. And I think the mood is ready just some paperwork left then, Best wishes to all from sweden

Re: going to do my first groove 10 Feb 2012 17:01 #20

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Now I have incresed power at low revs by removing the idle valve and caping its entrance to just before tb and the pcv valve caped next to the idle entrance reruted it to air box, caped the metal tube going to manifold, basically all vacuum lines and pipes going to tb before and after. only pcv valve still operational going to air filter. I still have to weld the exsaust. and do milage test, but now all air goes over the groove. and no interferance from any tube. :) opened the throttle plate a little by adjusting the little screw for its possition, Makes me wonder why i even have a idel control valve witch never completly shut, it was sucking even when reving the motor, but not any more :evil: I will see how it idels at cold next time i start her. shuld be allright i hope otherwise i have the answer to why its there in the first place. to be continued...

Re: going to do my first groove 10 Feb 2012 18:59 #21

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
no problems at cold start and idle, :cheer:

Re: going to do my first groove 12 Feb 2012 13:04 #22

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
pcv before air box can bring problems like fire hazard oily air filter not so good, Reruting to better place, also reconnecting petrol fuems vacuum valve ,and the return to air box for now. The car does about 100kmh with just tuching accelerator.

Re: going to do my first groove 22 Feb 2012 15:07 #23

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello ladys and gents, Little update. Have reconnected pcv to passive. Found that the rpms drop when i let go off the break, vacuumleak in breakservo,
have now orderd a second hand one with less then half the km. My car has done 400.000km plus :) good engiens, I have normal emitions for this car, when this hope fully last vacuum leak has been fixed The emitions shuld dropp. and all things start to be more groovy,

Re: going to do my first groove 29 Jan 2013 21:29 #24

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:cheer: my volvo just whent thru the mot with 0 co on idle and at 2000rpm zero CO aswell.
thats not normal for this car.
fuel consuption on high way is 7 liters to 100km. mixed driving is just about the same normaly ist 9 or 10 liters to 100km
aped vaccum line to pcv.
blocked exsaust rexirculation and blocked iac and blocked fuel vapor from coal canister,

have a poorman efie installed on 3 wire o2 sensor. 95 octane petrol
groove size is the medium bit even though the big bit fits nicly.

Another zero CO emitions car.:woohoo:
succses cheers with love from sweden