Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
This is to post your solutions to various issues such as re-routing idle air pathways, location of PCV Connections, and anything else that benefits The Gadgetman Groove modification.

TOPIC: TBI Testing and Information

Re: TBI Testing and Information 04 Mar 2012 02:15 #25

• Chevytruckguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I get ask all the time at emissioms testing what have I done! While talking the gadgetman groove came up. The word is speading more want to see the gadgetman. Though I would share that!

Craig

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: TBI Testing and Information 04 Mar 2012 03:25 #26

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
craig great job Dan gadgetman mo.

Re: TBI Testing and Information 04 Mar 2012 12:40 #27

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Craig,
You showed us the before emissions readings, what were the after mod readings?

Re: TBI Testing and Information 04 Mar 2012 19:49 #28

• Chevytruckguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Nick,
I'm going to get some mpg numbers first as part of the before testing. Then I will bolt on the Gadgetman TBI. I need to find a mpg meter thats not part of the truck and simple to install!

Craig

Re: TBI Testing and Information 05 Mar 2012 05:41 #29

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think you'll find that most of them require a combination of time and mileage tuning to develop an accurate reading for actual mpg.

They are good for indicating the engine efficiency in real time.

I find the best calculator for mpg being the actual miles/amount of fuel used method.

As long as you adhere to the method of tracking the actual miles and filling the tank allowing the nozzle to click off as the "full indicator" it will be true.

If you are looking for average mpg then tank to tank will work, if you are looking for highway mpg you'll want to fill your tank, check your odometer, do your highway run, then refill with ending odometer reading. That will give you the short answer on highway response.

I've learned not to trust the computers until the agree with the real numbers. :)

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.
Gadgetman Tacoma

Re: TBI Testing and Information 05 Mar 2012 21:30 #30

• Chevytruckguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yeah I can do that but the problem is credibility! I need to do a little better that my word!

Craig

Re: TBI Testing and Information 08 Mar 2012 23:33 #31

• Chevytruckguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Credibility with out the high cost of testing.
Using Google Earth to verify your odometer accuracy - MetroMPG.com

Last edit: by Chevytruckguy.

Re: TBI Testing and Information 10 Mar 2012 10:34 #32

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, I like that one on ebay, adjustable, Ive been thinking about geeting something like that.
Markus

Re: TBI Testing and Information 16 Mar 2012 23:34 #33

• Chevytruckguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I emailed them and the language diffrence makes it hard to get info but if your the tech type its a nice Idem to have. The price seems a little high for me I found a older 80's unit for cheap.

Craig

Re: TBI Testing and Information 22 Mar 2012 22:10 #34

• Chevytruckguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok I'm working on getting mileage numbers with my stock set up. But the trip meter is a little off with the bigger tires I'm running. So between testing google maps and useing the wifes new car to get working numbers. A post number of city and freeway mpg is 12mpg on my first run! I was hoping it would have been better but its a 1 ton 4x4 running a 4:10 gear.

Craig

Re: TBI Testing and Information 23 Mar 2012 01:43 #35

• Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Craig,

I just refreshed my post on how to calculate miles per gallon so you don't need to get any fancy devices and can get accurate measurements no matter what the size of your tires.

Nick

Re: TBI Testing and Information 23 Mar 2012 04:40 #36

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ummm The tire size does matter unless the odometer gear in the transmission has been replaced to accomodate the change in tire size.

A tire size larger (diameter) than stock will reduce your mph and your odometer reading.

I think what Craig has done is map his trips to get the calculated mileage of the trips.

It may be off by a small amount but not enough to affect the final numbers.

Also, if you plan your trips and use GPS guidance, it will tell you the distance to the destination so your numbers will be fairly accurate as well.

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Wa.